you can skip this one

you can skip this one

August 14, 2007

Some people hate having posts of links to other places. But then other people are like, “Why don’t you tell us when you have something up somewhere else? Because we love you so.”

And since I like the latter people better, here ya go:

I have written about my son’s long flowing locks

Seriously his haircut is so bad that I asked him this afternoon if he took scissors to his own hair since we had it done. He denied it, even when I told him I wouldn’t be mad. Even when I said that I would be happy to know he did this to his hair and not someone I paid good money. I really don’t think he is lying.

Over there at my other blog I am talking about vaccinations and reviewing the book, Vaccinated: One Man’s Quest to Defeat the World’s Deadliest Diseases. Oooooo, controversy.

And at some point this evening I will have a post up over at BlogHer about home renovation. The topic is a surprise. And not just because I have no idea what I am writing about yet. Ahem. But it will be fascinating.

But you want more than this lame post. I know. I can feel it. How about a photo or two from this weekend?

little boat, big water

That little boat is our row boat in the big water. I don’t row. I sit on shore and take photos.

And this one is where I try to get all artsy and shit.

reflection

Oooooo, reflection.

Comments

1. kate says:

I like to read your work so I will go and check it out.

Love the photos!

2. carrie says:

Niiiiiiice.

3. Not The Mama says:

Yay for links! And those pictures are gorgeous. I want to vacation there!

4. CathyC says:

Seriously I might have a problem. I just click on the Engagements button up top and click on all your links so I won’t miss anything you wrote. Last Friday I read about 4 posts on Blogher that I had no idea you had written. I was almost upset that I was so behind. Writing and taking pictures. That’s what I love about you :)

5. BetteJo says:

First photo is more artsy!! Look at the composition, the balance with the high hills on the left and the boat on the right …

okay, that’s pushing it a bit, huh?

6. arduous says:

Those pics are seriously gorgeous. I read your post about photo composition, and started practicing in my neighborhood. :)

7. jm says:

I fully support you letting us know when you are posting elsewhere. Because I am a blog lemming. I just follow the links.

8. Diesel says:

Yeah, I like the first one better. Very serene-feeling.

9. Elizabeth says:

The second picture made me think of the PBS painting guy, I can’t think of his name but you KNOW who I mean - I could see him adding some “happy little trees.” My kids always marvel that he is screwing up a totally good painting and then, zip zip, it looks good again. But, with happy little trees now.

10. Chris says:

I always told you that you could earn some money taking pictures. They really are great!

11. Sarah says:

I LOVE that reflection picture! Nice job!

Bob Ross!

Nice pictures Chris.

13. t in hd says:

Thanks for the laugh, Chris. I can always count on you to start my day with a chuckle! ;-)

14. brooke says:

sound like your son has the same sort of hair as me- fine, blonde and poker straight. after several awful hair cuts i started doing it myself. heres a trick to fix a bad hair cut- especially your fringe: slide your middle finger under a thin layer of hair and hold it in place with your index finger (like a pair of scissors). next, using a pair of sharp scissors cut upwards, about 1/2 an inch, into the layer of hair. this will sort of feather the layer- be sure to snip almost parallel to the hair or it will be too choppy.

the other trick with a fringe is to always trim it at an angle which makes it easier to brush out of your eyes.

fortunately, bad hair cuts always grow out. maybe it will look better in a few weeks. or you can just shave it off and start afresh.

also the photos are lovely, you seem to have a real eye for photography.

15. Eve says:

Go ahead and try not to be funny. It doesn’t work.