It’s a sign

It’s a sign

August 15, 2007

Tonight I was cooking dinner, homemade sauce and pasta if you must know. I reached across the stove top to grab the pot of boiling pasta water and in the process singed all the hair off of my forearm. Granted I don’t have a particularly hairy arms, but it still smelled.

And I think that it matches well with the Eau de Burnt Hamburger I have been sporting all day.

I am choosing to take this as a sign that I should no longer cook, at least until I get my new kitchen

Completely unrelated, I just trimmed the front of my 6 yr olds hair with a pair of round tipped safety scissors. I am a woman of many (questionable) talents.

Comments

1. HamIam says:

Not surprised that you could cut hair with blunt scissors - I mean if my kids can do it…But…am surprised that you were able to do it in a fashion-passable manner (I am going on faith for that one)

2. Not The Mama says:

Wow, cutting hair with safety scissors. I’ve never been able to get them to cut even construction paper. I hate those things.

As for the singing…I definitely think this is a sign that you should take a break from cooking. Perhaps you can hire a chef…or maybe the kids can just take over. Good luck with that!

3. Crisanne says:

Personal chef…sounds good to me! Then he/she can get all the weird looks and get asked if they are having a (cereal) party!

4. Karen says:

Back away from the kitchen woman. Have the cabana boy bring your wine.

5. CathyC says:

No! no more cooking for you. Clearly you need a vacation. Cereal and milk is my staple for when I “can’t” cook.

6. Christina says:

Time for a cereal party!

7. Daisy says:

No more cooking. No way. You need a new kitchen.

8. fidget says:

I guess I should not tell you that I just posted a gluten free chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe…..

9. GraceD says:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE?

Bears, snakes, and now everything’s a-blaze!

Okay, your family’s diet should consist only of juices and raw foods from here on out. Add protein powder and wheat grass and you’ve got a square meal. Furthermore, stay away from the stove, the river where you saw the snakes and the bear habitat in your backyard.

And, if you see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse galloping down from the sky, don’t take a picture, don’t blog it, just throw the kids in the car and hightail it outta there.

Please? Thank you.

xo

10. carrie says:

Yup. Time to hire a personal chef. You must, for your own safety and the safety of those you love!!!

11. Manic Mommy says:

Anyone else find it odd that Chris takes pictures of an oven fire but does not produce a picture of her newly-shorn son? Maybe it’s just me.

Oh, don’t go near the kitchen until it’s all stainless and pretty. I’ve always maintained that cooking is dangerous.

12. BeingParents says:

Talented you are. Being a Parent takes a lot of talent we did not even know we had before we became a parent.

BeingParents

13. Roberto Iza says:

Your hair will grow back. Probably in my nose and ears.

14. MsRebecca says:

That is amazing, I want you to come to my house and cut
    hair with rounded scissors, that might be fun!

15. OMSH says:

THAT’S WHAT I NEED TO DO.
    Set the oven on fire and singe arm hairs.
    Maybe THEN they’ll let me stop cooking.