Gooooood Morning

Gooooood Morning

August 30, 2007

My friend Jeanne emailed me this morning to let me know that Good Morning America was talking about the Elizabeth Edwards story.

You can read their take on it here.

Comments

1. Karen Vogel says:

It all amounts to the same thing - why was this blogger judging the Edwards? All families are different, and what works for one doesn’t work for another. Doesn’t the blogger know that yet? It’s really a non-issue.

2. Busy Mom says:

Oh, man. Look out.

3. JESSICA says:

i LOVE what mrs. edwards said. what she said made me teary. she is a woman battling a horrible disease knowing in her heart that that disease may very win the fight. i believe she thought to herself oh my gosh how long have i got and that she wanted her babies with her. those children will always cherish this time they got to have. oh im crying !
    i think the blogger simply was having a bad day if she wants to pick on a politician dont pick on one that the odds are so so against. pick on one that is truly screwing up !

4. JESSICA says:

there are plenty that are screwing up…at least there are in va

As my dental hygienist’s three-year-old says, “HOLY CRACK!”

6. jm says:

I appreciate how you scooped GMA, Chris. And, frankly, did a more thorough job on the rebuttal though Cokie Roberts came in a close second.

Cokie will be inspired to work harder, I think. ;)

7. Where should kids be? « says:

[...] 30th, 2007 by Owlhaven After this heads-up from Chris, I went to read this ABC News story about the Edwards family taking their kids on the campaign [...]

8. BeingParents says:

Mrs.Edwards is a smart woman. She is teaching her child about life. Life is more than academics.Kids are very smart. Smarter than we think. They are happy and that is all that really counts.The kids will return to school after the campaign. I am sure the skill they will learn on the campaign trail will never be taught in any classroom.

Happy Child

9. JESSICA says:

EXACTLY AND THEY WILL HAVE HAD THEIR PARENTS !!

10. Terral says:

If I was sick, I would want my kids to be with me. There are so many other important things to think about, but I do wonder if they go with daddy when he gets his $400 haircut.

11. Loralee says:

I don’t really have an issue with this. She is sick and is on a campaign and wants her kids and family together. LOTS of families operate this way be cause frankly, their livelihood is not conventional. I’d much rather have this than the kids at home with a nanny.

If you think Ms. Edwards is getting heat, try the very heated Katie Couric debate over her leaving kids that have already lost a parent and going into harms way to Iraq right before the fall sweeps. THAT controversy makes this one seem like peanuts.

12. carrie says:

I think what Elizabeth Edwards said was perfect and graceful, especially in light of all that she is going through to say that she hopes her critics never know this kind of pain. What a woman!

ug. gotta love mommy wars. i don’t know what i would do in mrs. edwards situation, and i pray i never know. seriously, there are much worse mothers out there in the public eye.

14. kelly says:

Everyone who said you don’t know what you would do unless you were in her shoes is absolutely correct. I truly hope none of you ever have to find out.

I am 42 and I am currently living with the same terminal illness Elizabeth has…Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer.

I do not have any children and for once in my life I am happy about that fact (Chris made up for the ones my body and fate wouldn’t allow me to have!). It’s hard enough thinking of all of the hearts that will ache when I most likely die 30 years too early. But like you, I want my loved ones to remember me the way I am…flawed, imperfect, REAL.

For what it’s worth: I agree with Elizabeth. I agree with you. And I think you are both good mothers.

(submitted this same comment on 8/28 post today also)

15. jose says: