Almost Wordless Wednesday

Almost Wordless Wednesday

September 5, 2007

I have been so busy. Mostly spending time in my car driving places. And in between that none of it is particularly blog worthy. Dentist appointments, doctor appointments, blood work, orthodontist appointments, shopping, eating hummus, drinking wine, having a mid-life crisis, and this:

It Never Ends

It is the sport that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends…

perfect foyer decor

I came home one night and found this all set up. In my foyer. You know you are jealous.

Hi, my name is Chris and I live in a frat house.

Comments

1. Lori says:

Hi Chris! My name is Lori and I live in the Crap Shack.

Blood work? I hope everything is alright…

2. Leatitia says:

I just know this will happen to me sooner than later. The boy wants a gym in our 1 bedroom appartment.

3. Esme says:

You don’t live in a frat house. I see no crushed beer cans under that exercise equipment in your foyer.

4. Jessica says:

But I do love the hardwood floors under the exercise equipment. What is it?

5. Another Susan says:

Hi, My name is Susan and I love love love the moldings around your doorway and windows in that picture. My husband put up some awesome crown moldings on my living room ceiling, but now I’m wishing we took the time to do the windows and such too!

Oh the wine - I could use some. We had a very rough 1st day of school for my kindergartener :( I never dreamed he’d be that upset. So much for full-day 4 day a week preschool to prep him. lol.

6. Deputy's Wife says:

It goes so well with the toile though.

7. BetteJo says:

… and he didn’t even ask?

8. Julie says:

Ugh. . . Is this what I have to look forward to?
    I have two little boys and one girl. I am scared by the baseball aspect and the gym. . .ugh

9. terilynn says:

But does he USE it?

10. Kathy says:

If I lived where you live, we could just bring tents and camp at the ballfield. I will say that at least here in Alabama, it’s not usually cold when I have to sit at the ballfield. My older son practiced til almost 10 tonight. I missed part of it, as I was driving across town to get my other son from HIS practice. I tease them all the time, telling them it’s a good thing they are GOOD or my time would be totally wasted. LOL

11. Janice says:

I am so relieved my 16yo decided NOT to play fall ball this year! WOOHOOOOOOOO!

The weight set in the wrong color. Ot doesn’t match al the prety wood. Snerk. Men.

12. Cheryl says:

Ha - you must be the jealous one!! I have had one of those in the guest room for months now. Used twice - once by me, and once by husband. Had company last week, and they had to crawl under and around it to get to bed. If I don’t get using it soon - and I mean to, really I do, it will just disappear under laundry.

13. jm says:

Hmmm. I would paint it Swedish Red. To go with the toile.

Or you could wrap it in pink ribbon, flower garlands and throw glitter all over it. That will get them to move it.

14. liz says:

Use it to hang up your just-washed dainties.

15. carrie says:

Hey . . . where’s the keg?

And yes, I would totally hang my undies and bras on it. That is what exercise equipment is for, after all.

16. Arianne says:

omg, “we” just got one set up here too. 3 boys plus the hubs in and i don’t know if i can add any more testosterone without drowning in it!

17. CathyC says:

I can see why he chose that room to set up in–it is beautiful! Love the moldings,the fireplace, and the wallpaper!! I’m one of those nuts that loves wallpaper– had some in our old house, but none in this one thought (yet, ha!)

18. genpoco says:

My name is Halimah and I live in a nerd’s electronic graveyard. There are computer parts and bits that I don’t even know the use for scattered from the bedroom ( a.k.a Build -It central ) down to the livingroom. There’s been a monitor sitting on the floor for over a year.

Oh, woe to your hardwood flooring. That was my first thought.

Doesn’t everybody want one of those set up in their foyer?

Oh, and thanks. Now I’ll be singing the song that never ends all morning!
    “…song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends.”

20. Shaylind Standing says:

I would ignore it as long as my husband actually *used* it. I’ll take a washboard stomach in trade :)

21. Mike says:

Hi, my name is Mike. My 4-year old, 2-year old and I follow Billy Bank’s Tae Bo Kicks for Kids on cable. It’s a 15-minute exercise, and I can’t even last for 2 minutes.

Mike

22. MoMMY says:

Hi, my name is Heidi and I too live in a frat house. No bench yet - just free weights lying all around. Oh, and today is the first day of school here. My oldest (7th grade - yikes!) walked up to one of his brothers (6th grade) and let go one of the biggest farts ever. They must have laughed for 10 minutes. I thought the younger one would fall out of his chair where he was eating breakfast (Eww). So yes, frat house all the way baby.

23. fidget says:

i feel for you

I banished THAT to my brother in laws house after living with it for 5 years. I believe he stores 1/2 eaten mummified pizza on the bench part and his empties under it.

24. Karen Vogel says:

Boy, that reminds me of the time my husband decided he needed to keep the canoe in the family room, rather than outside. Reason? He didn’t want it to get wet. Go figure.

25. Kristi says:

OK, when I scrolled down to that picture of the baseball field, I first saw the kid and thought, OH MY GOD, he is not peeing right near that other child’s head is he?

26. Wendy says:

Is this new workout room for you or your children? You mean baseball players have to pump weights? I learn all kinds of new things when I visit your blog.

27. Dani says:

Hello. My name is, Dani and I have an elliptical where my dining room table used to be. Because, you know, cardiovascular fitness supersedes eating as family.

28. Pam says:

We are living in a parallel universe! Fall ball has begun for the 5 y/o and 13 and under AAU, well that just never ends, it just loops around to the next season. And you know YOU are jealous of this: An elliptical machine was delivered yesterday and now rules my guest bedroom, yes of course I blogged about it. I guess I can at least say I can close the door to my home version of gold’s gym so I can’t hear it taunting me.
    But, Really? In the foyer?

29. nabbalicious says:

Hey, a new place to hang clothes! Cool.

30. Jean says:

Yes, I am jealous that your foyer is big enough to hold it. I love space.

Jean

31. jen says:

OMG, Kristi, I thought the SAME thing! I thought he was peeing too :o) I guess I am just reliving my 5 year old peeing at will anywhere he pleases. (Even in front of complete strangers…male or female not important)

32. MamaMaven says:

But a frat house with fabulous wall paper! I too wish I had a foyer large enough to hold more than 2 people let alone gym equipment!

33. Dawn says:

Hi, my name is Dawn, and when we were shopping for a house we intentionally bought a house with a MAN CAVE

34. Dawn says:

(oops, hit a button an accidentally posted)

because in a prior life we had one of those bat cave things that you hang upside down in to relieve back pressure in our living room. Holding clothes. All the time.

I thought he was peeing too - b/c men holding their stuff - also a sport that never ends :)

35. jody2ms says:

LOL!

I am MIA as well. Today the movers are at my old house loading all of my “stuff” and will deliver it either tonight or tomorrow morning to the new house at the coast (where I am…MIL is at the old house supervising the “load up”)….and here I sit reading blogs.

36. rechelle says:

Matching toile upholstery on the seat??? And some little fringies off the handle bars. And maybe ring it with candles. There! Much better.

37. Y says:

Hi, my name is yvonne and I live in my parents house.

Ugh.

(I’m sorry, I can’t stop laughing about the weights.)

38. Julia says:

A long time ago you commented about having a million miles of your kids blob paintings and i suggested you frame them…remember that?? It was long ago…if you want to see what I meant I have pictures of them up at my blog… http://www.twokidsandahusband.blogspot.com

check it out.

BTW>>>I love the weights… very chic

Julie

39. Manic Mommy says:

…and he just thinks you’re going to leave it there??

My name is also Chris and I live on The Island of Misfit Toys.

PS: I totally thought he was peeing, too.

40. Kristen says:

So, I have to ask. Can the door still open? Because at our house, that thought would never have crossed anyone’s mind when setting up anything.

41. Trish says:

Why does your foyer look like a parlor? Not that I’d want that equipment in my parlor either; however, stranger things can and will happen I’m thinking.

42. MsRebecca says:

Speaking of, My children’s pediatrician’s son is in classes with my daughter, as is our dentists daughter and the ortho’s son.. I should just take on all of their tuition payments, since I basically am as it is!

43. Bastet says:

Did he think he could fit that out the door?

44. Tricia says:

My hubs and boys would think that was pretty awesome. Myself, I’m loving the toile paper and gorgeous moldings and floor.

45. brookem says:

ha ha. when i was growing up my dad kept a motorbike and several unused washing machines in our front room. why? i still don’t know. only when my parents realised that my sister and i actually thought this was the norm, did they decide to do something about this. they built a shed.

46. Tracey says:

You have a gorgeous FIREPLACE in your foyer? I am beyond jealous!! And love the toile :-)

47. Heidi says:

I pray for that day to come!! Then I can quit paying for my gym membership that I rarely use. I am hoping for a bowflex or something really cool.

48. Owlhaven says:

My husband says he’s jealous.

I like your wallpaper. And I feel your pain.

grinning anyway

Mary

That calls for the purchase of many, many throw pillows and scented candles. Fighting fire with fire!
    Kidding (sort of).

So that’s your foyer. A few years ago (have I been reading you that long?) you posted a gorgeous picture of a fireplace with a Christmas wreath over it and that was the wallpaper on the walls. (Is it scary that I remember this?) I loved that picture, and wondered if you’d taken down the wallpaper or something because I hadn’t seen it in any of the new shots of your place. Anyway, nice foyer. But the weights must go.

51. debby says:

We have different computer game systems in each room, a drum set in the family room, and all those boxing bag thingies in the guest room. Our weight set is in another spare bedroom. There are days I walk around mumbling, “Can’t I have just ONE nice room for grownups?”

52. Beverly says:

I love your frat house!

And the game that never ends? Well…I have a son in high school…Sorry.

53. Anna says:

I think it matches the decor just perfectly. *rolls eyes*

Chris, you’ve been missed! I hope you can post more.

54. Tricia says:

A frat house with beautiful wallpaper!

55. Lovebabz says:

Just think about where you can carve a space of your own–sans the frat house decor.

56. Dave Hughes says:

Is it just me or does that boy look like he’s urinating on that toddler?

57. One Hot Mama says:

The contrast of the pretty toile wallpaper, gorgeous wood floors and the hulking beast man testosterone machine is precious! It’s too much! Your eyes don’t know where to look first.