Will work for teeny tiny elastics

Will work for teeny tiny elastics

September 7, 2007

Humoring Me

Comments

1. Sherry says:

Big Mama just threw some away!

What a good looking young man you have. He looks just like your husband.
    Get ready for a fun filled evening of whining and crying.

3. Cheryl M. says:

His name should be Rob Jr…..cause he looks just like his daddy. I’m still finding teeny tiny rubberbands in my house from my Secondborn’s brace wearing time.

4. Jonathon Morgan says:

Ah, yes. Such an uncomfortable stage of adolesence. It was like a freakin’ holiday when those things came off.

5. genpoco says:

LOL…echoing the above, my first thought was “Is Rob getting braces too?”

6. Woman with Kids says:

At least he’s smiling… that means you can’t be too close to killing him. Or selling him to the gypsies, as I fully intend to do to Boy 2 when he needs braces.

7. Jodi says:

He must have already been gassed when you snapped his picture, right? ;)

8. Ginny says:

His teeth look beautiful–what’s his orthodontic problem? I haven’t seen my teenRager smile like that in years.

9. Lilly says:

Looking at his face my mind switches back and forth from ‘he’s a boy’ to ‘he’s a man’ and back again. Great smile! What did you do to make him laugh while sitting in the orthodontist’s chair?

10. fidget says:

man look at the woodwork in that place. No wonder braces cost so much.

11. Sue says:

I always felt sick of my dentist’s place. Howmuchever neat it was…. Oh the smell of that something he inserts in your mouth and the pain all of dentistry causes you!!!
    And by the end of the day, I would make him feel sick too
    ;-0

12. Amy says:

Hide elastics from the girl child! I just got my braces off (thanks be to God) and my daughter was forever running off with my baggies of elastics. They make excellent Barbie pony tail holders :)

13. Anna says:

Handsome guy! If he was in public school I bet the girls would be driving you nuts by now with giggling phone calls…of course, they might be anyway!

14. Manic Mommy says:

Seconding Ginny, his teeth look perfect. My 13yo niece just got her’s off and the 11yo niece is getting them on. Circle of life.

BTW, if he’s lisping, have him read aloud for about an hour and his mouth will get used to them more quickly.

15. Elizabeth says:

A friend of mine who is a mother of four just got braces for herself. She found them shockingly painful and made the mistake of asking her oldest kids why they never told her how uncomfortable they were. Of course they shook their heads in disbelief. Come on, now, can you imagine they never mentioned it? Good ol’ mommy amnesia. That’s what you need to hope for.

16. tuesday says:

So handsome!

17. Mary Alice says:

oh boy…say goodbye to new shoes for Mama….I’m encouraging my son to become an orthodontist, an auto mechanic, or a plumber…they all seem to be lucrative careers.

18. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

I can’t beleive he is 12 !!!!! He looks so like Rob. Very good looking, you’re going to have to find some way of fortifying you house from ALL THOSE GIRLS soon if not already.

Carolynn :)

19. Karen says:

Great picture!

Btw, I’ve given you an award over on my blog!!! :)

20. Lori says:

I can’t wait to hear the rubberband stories! I wonder who will take them first–the girl or Miles?

21. Kathy in WA says:

It’s so important that our orthodontist drive nice cars and keep their homes updated and fresh (pools installed and second homes purchased) so it’s lovely of you to do your part. :)

I thought you might enjoy a story my dh wrote, in the style of Pat McManus, about our camping trip. As a mother of many children who knows how “vacation” outings go, I thought you would enjoy a few laughs. :)

Duckabush Blog

22. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

In Australia, it isn’t just Orthodontists that need their flash cars and holidays in the Bahamas. The regular dentists here ceratinly know how to charge like wounded bulls. For example, my husband has spent the past 18 months !!!! having a root canal re-done!!!! ( It had been done previously 20 years ago but needed more extensive work done on it apparently)This also involved teeth either side of the culprit. They then put in a Gold post (it must be Platinum) and did a Bridge Cap of the three teeth. Admittedly it does make it look very natural and I guess also beats having to wear a plate with a few teeth attached. UGH !!! Anyway the Dentist is now well set toewards whatever holiday he is next going on, the total was in the realm of AUS$7,000 approximately US$5,740. We will get back about 40% of that on our Private Medical Insurance.

Carolynn :)

23. Busy Mom says:

Busy Girl gets hers off this week, we hope!

24. elasticwaistbandlady says:

Look at my name. I’m working OUT in the hopes of a teeny, tiny elastic.