Exhaling

Exhaling

September 12, 2007

So I mentioned in the previous* post that I was waiting for a phone call from the doctor. Even though the doctor had assured me that everything was fine and that the test was purely precautionary I worried. No, worry would be an understatement.

But having a part of your body biopsied is not something taken lightly, especially by people (me) who tend toward being overly dramatic worrywarts.

I prefaced everything by saying, “Well if I’m not dying, then…”

And when my pants were feeling slightly very tight, I said “Well could be that I haven’t gained weight, but am really carrying around a 10lb tumor….”

And as I ate another huge bag of chips and hummus, “Well, if I am dying I certainly don’t want to spend my last days exercising…”

Just my way of making light of the situation.

Last night I finally got to talk to the doctor. The pathology report (more scary words!) came back completely normal. I don’t think I really even realized how much it had been weighing on my mind until I heard those words. I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, not my ass, sadly.

So I can stop planning my funeral. Do you think people would have honored my last request to come to my funeral dressed as 1970’s disco stars?

Now I must start exercising so I can fit back into my winter clothes. Right after I finish eating that gallon of ice cream.

*(I had the typo precious in here, and while I think all my posts are precious, I mean to say previous. So there it is.)

Comments

1. Common Mom says:

Glad to hear all is all right! 1970s disco stars - ha! My friend and I are celebrating our 35th b-days this week - we’re going retro with a 70s disco skate party at Skate City :-) Wanna come? :-)

2. Growing in Grace (Nicole) says:

So glad to hear it was good news!!

3. Crisanne says:

You’re such a rock star, your friends would come dressed any way you wanted!

Glad to hear it all turned out well. You’ve really got to go easy on yourself…you could be taking years off your life with all those worries!

4. Not The Mama says:

I’m so glad everything is okay. I think that it’s impossible NOT to worry during a wait like that. Even if the doctor tells you it’s just a precaution…it doesn’t matter. So I’m glad you can really stop worry now. Though I’m sorry it means you have to start exercising again.

5. Christine says:

Glad you’re not dieing, because then I would have to go to all that work of deleting you off my reads list.

Thank you for thinking of others.

Glad to hear the good news that you are not dying (at least not in the near future). My doc wants me to get some blood work done cause I’ve gained weight recently and while it would be a pain if it’s because of my thyroid (my aunt has issues), it would be a good excuse instead of me being lazy and eating too many chocolate chip cookies and drinking pop. (Unfortunately I think it’s the later.)

7. april says:

So happy to hear you are okay!

8. JESSICA says:

glad you are ok !!!

9. Salsaqueen says:

So glad to hear the results were normal. BTDT waiting for the Dr to call.

Enjoy your ice cream!

10. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

So glad everything is ok. I know what it is like waiting for results of Biopsies. Am doing same at the moment. Will find out mine on Sept21st. Your mind plays all sorts of tricks.

Carolynn xx :)

11. becky says:

glad you’re okay. and totally jealous that you can eat ice cream. that’s a no-no for me right now. *pouts*

12. Beth says:

Hey, you’ve earned that ice cream! Have a scoop on me! Well, not ON me … that would be wierd … er, congratulations!

13. Fairly Odd Mother says:

I’m waiting for my own results back (although I’m strangely calm about the whole thing), so I feel extra happy that yours were fine. Enjoy that ice cream!

14. Barb Cooper says:

I did the same thing when I had to have an CT scan as part of diagnosing/treating my migraines. I walked around for a week saying goodbye to everything and mooning over my children. When the results showed a completely normal brain, it seemed even weirder, given my behavior. Glad you’re okay.

Barb

15. Stephanie says:

I am glad to read that everything is OK… where that story was going I thought you were going to say you were having another child (it was the pants and hummus statements)…

16. Rae says:

And you can eat that gallon of ice cream celebrating that you are NOT dying! I’m glad for your good results!

17. Esme says:

Very happy to hear that everything is OK!

Great news!

19. dcrmom says:

Excellent News!!!!

20. carrie says:

Happy to hear you’re breathing again and all is well!

21. Jeanne says:

Wonderful news.
    Ma Ingalls needed extra weight to get through the winter, of course you do too.

22. qtpies7 says:

I’m glad the test results were good for you. I worry, too. Tests can’t come back fast enough for me.
    If you want to really embarass and harass your kids, do what I did today, dig way back in your family tree and find a great aunt’s picture and show your son he looks just like her if he had a wig and glasses on, and then post it on the http://WWW. yessiree, bobbo, I’m fulfilling my God-given job of embarassing my kids!

23. Lori says:

I’m so glad you are OK. And if you were dying, I wouldn’t go to your funeral, but I’d look extra-groovy that day.

24. ChristieNY says:

What a relief! Enjoy the ice cream, you deserve it after having to hear all those scary words! And yes, all your posts are precious. ;)

25. Bronnie says:

Glad to hear you’re ok! I would miss your blog :)
    Yes, you must reward yourself with ice cream - after all the stress the doctor put you under!
    I have to admit I’m a big chip & hummus fan.. yum!

26. cher says:

As everyone else is, I’m soo happy to hear your results were normal. (Pass the humus this way please) And I totally would have honored your request, complete with goldfish-filed platform shoes.

27. fidget says:

mmm hummus

pathology reports do sound terrifying

glad everything is ok

Oooh I go through that every couple of months! It does suck. I’m glad everything was ok!

29. Chandra says:

Glad you received good news! Eat some ice cream for me and I’ll eat some brownies for you :)

30. MsRebecca says:

Glad you’re ok and about your request, I’m more then sure everyone would comply..

Take care lady!

31. Kate Brody says:

glad you’re ok

32. sandra says:

I would totally have come as Danny Terio.

Your posts ARE precious. As are you.

And I totally had my 70s ensemble ALL picked out, just in case. Because I love you enough to wear bell bottom pants and shoes with goldfish in the heels (how cool would THAT be?!?).

34. Joan says:

The whole message-taking thing? I completely understand. Kid - “Mom, the Dr. called”. Me - “Did they leave a message?”. Kid - “No, they said they’d call later”. Me - “Why didn’t you call me right away, you knew I was waiting to hear from the Dr???!!”Kid with an attitude now, “Sorry, mom, I forgot, God!”

35. Molly says:

Hi Chris, very glad to know you are well! Chris, I just want to give you a friendly reminder. Here on this blog, you need to update the little side section called “Latest Posts at my Other Blog.” I like knowing when you have new posts at that blog and I’m sure your habitual readers like the tipoff, too! Thanks.

36. Jessica says:

I’m so glad everything turned out okay :)

37. Pia says:

I want gallon sized ice cream! I live in metric country so I only get ice cream in 1 liter tubs :(

P.s. glad you’re ok

38. Brigitte says:

Well, you DO the the icecream to celebrate, after all. And you need the extra insulating layer it will provide on your ass, in case of a winter-time power outage. ;-)

39. Annalise says:

You could always buy new winter clothes instead. That is what I fear I may have to resort to.

And, glad you are not dying. :-) The waiting to know is horrible. They send letters here, rather than phoning, so here you wait for the thump of post coming through the door rather than the sound of ringing.

40. Holly Smith says:

So gla you got the “all clear!” I was just telling a friend that finaces and health are the biggest stresses (and the result is eating too much :)
    Have a wonderful fall weekend!
    Blessings,
    holly

41. Holly Smith says:

Ooops, I meant “finances” :)

42. Megan Del says:

Hey Chris:

I’m de-lurking after several months of enjoying your posts. My step-daughter’s room (age 6) is a delightful Pepto-Bismol pink. We’ve been slowly introducing the idea of a new color. . .how about a nice GREEN? or BLUE? I hadn’t thought of Hannibal-flesh-peach as an option, but now I will.
    I love reading your home improvement adventures as well as your parenting tales. Your honesty and humor are a great encouragement.