He is a boy now, isn’t he?

He is a boy now, isn’t he?

September 17, 2007

He is a kid now, isn't he?

My baby is 33 months old. And flesh colored. Kidding. It’s a joke.

What is that sound? Oh yes, me laughing all alone.

But at least I have a cute baby, right?

Comments

1. Megan says:

He’s getting so big! He’s a handsome little fella. Does he still stomp around in those monster shoes?

2. Beth F. says:

So adorable. His pink cheeks compliment is fleshy tones.

You are not laughing alone.

3. Andrea says:

I’m laughing. And yes, having a cute baby makes up for lots of things.

4. Corrie says:

He is definitely adorable (and flesh colored). His brown eyes are amazing!

5. Lilly says:

He’s absolutely adorable. And oh my gosh, he does look like a little boy in this photo. But at 2&1/2, he’s still just your cutie pie baby.

6. Poppy says:

Why yes, yes you do. He’s quite cute.

I haven’t been reading your blog all that long and it’s astonishing how much he has grown and changed just in that period of time.

He looks like he’s thinking about what to get into next :)

7. carrien says:

He’s a very cute baby/boy/hottie in the making.

I bet you just want to squish him tight sometimes and make the babyness last just a bit longer.

(that is to a word.)

8. Heather's Garden says:

So I’m the one who’s spent the last week reading your archives — not cyber stalking I swear — just caught up in your fantastic writing and your beautiful family. I had to write and say that I think you’re insanely productive and I’m a little bit afraid of you. 7 kids and you home school? I can barely handle the 2 step-sons who only sleep over on the weekends, they came into my life post-diapers, and one of them is now at college and the other is in his last year of public school! Couple of thoughts…I too pulled out my spacers and had to make a return trip to the orthodonist, I covet your daughter’s shoes, and you’re lucky that you live as far from IKEA as you do. When it’s only 10 minutes down the road, you end up with even more of their stuff in your house! My husband still likes to tell guests about the week we went there every single day.

9. Jessica says:

AWE! He’s adorable! I’m so excited to learn my son Ari is almost the same age as him :) Ari will be 33 months old on the 27th.

10. Julie says:

Ahh yes. . .the boy man! I have one the same age and even today as I look at him I am amazed at how much they look more and more like a grown up. It’s amazing.

11. sarah says:

Ha! He’s gorgeous. After another commenter mentioned that she was looking through your archives, I went back and remembered reading about his birth. I’ve been reading here since 2004 and I only just realised that my fourth child Matthew and your Miles share a birthday. Mattie was born 12/12/06. Two years later than Miles but it’s funny that I never noticed in my every day reading….It did always seem to be a good day to have a baby, easy to remember. Miles looks a little like my 2.5yr old - a mischief maker. They are so cute at that age.

12. carrie says:

Adorable!

Adorable! Although I’d do something about that color. It looks a little off. But it could just be the picture. Or my monitor settings.

p.s. Is he watching baseball in this picture?

15. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

Like all your boys he’s yet another good looker. He looks so cute a cuddly, I could squeeze him to death.

I have just ben back through ALL of your Flickr pics yesterday and today. I so love the one of Miles dressed up in his santa suit when he was newborn.

Take Care and have a great day
    Love Carolynn xx :)

16. Laura K. says:

Beware.. I may come and steal him from you.. he’s too cute for you to keep him all to yourself!!!!

MWAH!

What a cutie. What beautiful brown eyes he has. It is amazing to go back and look at how much he has grown up. All of your children, actually, but I can see it mostly with him since we have gotten to see him from birth.

18. Anne says:

Yes you do very handsome

19. Jessica says:

You are most definitely not laughing alone. He is too cute.

20. Brigitte says:

I’m already mentally fixing him up with my baby ;-)

21. wookie says:

He looks just like your older blond son in that photo! Dang woman you have beautiful kids!

22. Sarah says:

No, no–I’m totally laughing with you. Or at you. It can be hard to tell.

He looks amazing. Healthy, happy, and 100% Boy!

23. Lori says:

The Boy is adorable! But, I hate to inform you…you don’t have a cute baby. You HAD a cute baby.

I, like so many confessed here today, have been reading your archives. Amazing stories. Congrats on living such a blessed life. I hope mine turns out half as wonderful.

24. Jen says:

Another one laughing with you.

Your peachy, taupey, tawney, apricot, salmon, fleshy colored boy is very adorable…

25. Denise says:

Yes.. he is a boy.. almost.. I think officially.. you have a few more months.. I still call my 4 year old baby.. so. you know.. they are always our babies.. no matter how big they get!

26. Karen Vogel says:

It’s funny how the youngest always looks like a baby….I hate how, when I bring a newborn home, the next youngest always looks as if he’s grown up overnight.

27. janet says:

i tell my boys that they will ALWAYS be my baby, even when they have beer bellies and hair growing out of their faces. :-)

and chris? you are not laughing alone.

28. Common Mom says:

What a cutie! My baby is almost 5 and her face is starting to change . . . losing her adorable puffy cheeks - but she’ll always be my baby :-)

29. Mommymommy says:

I am laughing with you.

30. Maddy says:

He is adorable!

And be assured you are not alone in your laughter.

31. Dot says:

He is absolutely adorable. I wish your Miles could come over and play with my Myles. They would get along famously as they are only 19 days apart.

32. Alicia says:

I have been a long time reader, but am a first time poster! I just have to say that seeing any picture of Miles always puts a smile on my face :) What a cutie!

33. Ani says:

He looks more like LIGHTEN-THE-HELL-UP color to me…

:-)

But he is gosh-darn cute.

34. CathyC says:

What a handsome boy. He looks so grown up.

35. jennielynn says:

Flesh colored. You crack me up.

And yes, he is a handsome boy.

36. diana says:

his flesh coloring looks good on him!! he is so cute i don’t know how you stand it!!!

37. Another Susan says:

Very handsome indeed!

38. Kellan says:

That was funny and he is adorable!

39. Lisa says:

What a cutie! :)

40. Zelda says:

Had to comment–I’m a med student, and when I hear “flesh” I do not think “skin”…I think about the meat underneath the skin. Which is the same color in everyone (who is not so diseased that their insides are changing in their appearance).

So, really…you are correct. Flesh colored is a peachy tone (in healthy people). No matter what color the skin on top is.

Sheesh, PC police!!

41. Manic Mommy says:

So handsome! RC is 29 months has lost that baby frame. His head doesn’t account for a third of his body size anymore. And SO FRESH!!

God makes ‘em cute so you don’t kill ‘em

42. Not The Mama says:

He is so incredibly handsome. Such a sweet little boy. (And I burst out laughing at “flesh colored” so you are far from alone.)

43. Jen @ amazingtrips says:

Aw, come on. He’s so cute. You wouldn’t want just ONE more? How much work would it really be?

Ah, see - now I’m laughing.

44. Phoenix says:

Please post a picture of the wall. I need to see it. I think it’s funny.

Yes, Miles is adorable. He’s looking all kidish. Cept for the hands, he’s still a baby handed boy.

45. Laural says:

Crocs! I love little kids wearing crocs. It makes their feet look oh so sweet.

You have an adorable boy. With a slightly mischeviuos twinkle in his eye!

46. Kate says:

He is super cute. He really does look a lot like your older (6? 7?) son

47. Molly says:

Your baby is adorable!!! I can say that with conviction because I am the mother of THREE boys and I know an adorable one when I see ‘em. He’s a keeper!

Well, he is when you dress him like that. Quick, get some footy pajamas stat!

49. Kathy from NJ says:

Re your post over at Parenting:

I do not remember where I read about the executive portion of the brain. You can find many articles by googling “executive portion of the brain.”

If you decide to add brain study to your science curriculum, here is a wonderful jello mold; my sister bought one when her sons were studying the brain in school.

50. Crystal D says:

Yes, he is a very cute little flesh colored boy. :)

51. Jeanne says:

Yes Geppetto, he’s a REAL boy. With grass stains and all. The sound we hear is the clock turning our babies into children. Bittersweet. And he is way too cute!

52. Jolyn says:

Chris,
    I am a little behind the curve in responding to the whole “fleshy” situation! But I still need to comment to reassure you — because you’re the type to worry and all — that I was not at all offended that you thought the color of my flesh on your son’s walls was revolting. Really. I am a European American and proud of it.

53. falwyn says:

Okay, it has been confirmed. My boy is the same age as yours. And mine too, is looking like a REAL BOY. And I just want to tell him to CUT THAT OUT.

54. Shannon says:

He looks so big in this pic!

55. Rebekah says:

He’s adorable!
    I can’t believe people would get their panties in a twist over the word, flesh-colored. Come on peeps!!

56. Beth says:

I can’t believe the amount of attention and ridicule one comment gets from everyone when the rest are so clearly supportive. Are we in high school?

57. BOSSY says:

A Manly Man.

58. susannah says:

he is darling. and thank you for making me laugh out loud!

59. Mary W says:

AWWW whata cutie

60. liz says:

He is so delicious.

61. Sue says:

What a cutie lil boy you have out there!!!

62. Rae says:

He does appear to be a boy! That’s a very boyish boy that you have there.

63. MsRebecca says:

He is so stinkin’ adorable!

64. K says:

You are allowed to refer to the youngest as “your baby” until, well, forever. That’s what my mother told me. Hers called her that into her sixties (they didn’t stop - they died). Mine always called me that. So… Bwah, ha ha - my little guy will always be “the baby”.