Pumpkins in a row

Pumpkins in a row

October 1, 2007

pumpkins

Comments

1. Rebecca says:

now maybe i’m just going blind at 26, but i didn’t notice the watermark until my third glance at the photo. . . although your new camera picked up the varying colors of the pumpkins beautifully!

2. Another Chris says:

Uh, that camera rocks. How many hand-me-down kids overalls do I have to sell on eBay to afford one? ;-) That punkin pic is really gorgeous Chris. Thank you for going through all of the hoops to still be able to share your pics with us.

3. Maddy says:

Wow the new camera is gooooooog!

4. Yolanda says:

Nice shot- great depth of field

5. Anna says:

So pretty…you grew them yourself, right? Please don’t tell me you grew those pretty little pumkpkins, I feel guilty enough that I haven’t got a single fall decoration up, much less growing them myself! ;-)

6. Andrea says:

Love it.

7. Chris says:

Anna,

OMG I did grow them! But what you can’t tell from this photo is that they are the size of small apples :-)

8. Anna says:

Well..they are the cutest little apple-sized pumpkins I’ve ever seen. Beautiful picture! Off to farm stand for me.

9. Chris says:

Great pix…..as per usual. I already said that you should take that skill and run with it. You’d be in the money for sure. Such detail.

10. NMJ says:

Nice! Love the color, lighting, and depth-of-field.

11. carrie says:

That looks like a postcard. Love it. Makes me want a mug of cider!

12. fidget says:

Very nice! I bet youve been giving the new camera a work out

13. Carola says:

are those the colors that come out from the camera without photoshop? it looks amazing!! and I like this watermark much better.

14. Heidi says:

Wow you already have your pumpkins??? Won’t they go bad before Halloween???

LOVE your blog.

If you’re not too busy stop by my blog and give your opinion. My obliged.

15. Chandra says:

I love this picture!! Your making me want a new camera.

16. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

Chris,

Love this pic, just love the colours. Not usually into still life when it comes to painting but is it ok to have a go at these guys from your pic??

Carolynn :)

17. Pastormac's Ann says:

What an amazing photo. Darn, with that watermark, now I can’t steal it. :-)
    Nice work!

18. kellan says:

This looks like my family - Mama and Daddy Pumpkin with their four little Bumpkins. I like this picture.

Did you post what kind of camera you got? I must have missed it. Please post. Or email me!

Nevermind! I found it on flickr.

Would you please add me to your f&f? My flickr identity is italiantrivia.

21. meredith says:

Great photo…and I like this watermark.

22. Cara says:

Wow - you got it. The watermark is definitely there, but doesn’t detract from the photo at all. And now I’m wishing I lived somewhere that saw Fall before, say November. (I’ll be gloating in March, though.)

23. Jessica says:

So cute :)

24. Chris says:

Pastormac’s Ann, Yup. I knew it was you ;-)

25. JESSICA says:

BEAUTIFUL PICTURE !
    I LOVE FALL. ITS MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR. WE WENT TO THE PUMPKIN PATCH 2 WEEKS AGO TO GET OUR PUMPKINS. THANK GOODNESS FOR THOSE LITTLE WAGONS THEY HAVE. MY BOYS LIKE TO PICK THE LARGEST PUMPKINS THEY CAN FIND. WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME. AND EVERY MORNING AS I DRIVE OFF I LOOK AT THOSE PUMPKINS LIGHTLY FROSTED WITH DEW ON OUR FRONT PORCH. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY !

26. Tonya says:

I must know your pumpkin growing secrets! We planted pumpkins this last spring, hoping we’d have a huge crop to choose from for the kids (4 including my neice and nephew). Granted, we did plant about a month late (around fathers day instead of mother’s day), but we only got 2 pumpkins. Yes, you read that right. We aren’t sure what else we did wrong. Next year we plan to water more and plant them in rows instead of the square that we did. Great pics!

27. Dana says:

I came courtesy of Angella - regarding the copyright stuff. I take a lot of pics, so I need to heed your advice. I know you probably posted about this earlier, but I’m a new reader. What kind of camera do you have if you don’t mind my asking? Could you email me the answer if you have time?

Thanks so much. Beautiful picture!!!

28. SChance says:

What a great picture! I love the lines. The diagonal of the porch seems to be leading the eye to the lonely, bereft pumpkin that is not able to stand upright. Poor thing. And the other pumpkins are so mean to shun him like that. Even blurry guy in the back who only follows the crowd and has no personality of his own. He’s like the Hollywood extra to the entourage of the perfectly round pumpkin in the middle. And I love the tongue-in-groove! Underscores the fact that the other pumpkins fit together while the horizontal one obviously does not. Poor lying on his side pumpkin, who, if a strong breeze blew, would probably roll right off the porch.

29. shaz says:

wow, very nice. i’m sure the new camera is great, but your photos are actually always very beautiful. watermark looks great as well, sorry it had to be done, but look at it like this - now your photos look all professional! ;)

30. Rebekah says:

I love your pictures! I wish I had that talent - my photos always turn out wrong no matter what I do!

31. Mama Loves Baby says:

okay i did it too, i figured it out… on my own which took a little while here it is check it out and tell me what you think?