Boys

Boys

October 19, 2007

boys who are aging me

They may look cute and innocent, but really they are plotting my demise. So far having a spit ball fight in their bathroom–leaving hardened wads of toilet paper covering the walls and ceiling, squirting toothpaste at each other and then writing on their bedroom windows with it, emptying out all their clean clothes into their hamper instead of putting them away in their drawers, pouring all the shampoo out to have a “bubble shower” hasn’t killed me yet.

I fear for whatever they think up next.

Comments

1. Mel says:

Unfortunately, I understand. My 14-year old nearly broke his best friend’s nose the other day. Of course, it was an accident!

2. Geri says:

Noooo, they are too angelic. You have beautiful children. God bless you

3. Midsummer Night says:

Only two toddler boys so far in this household, but you are making me really worried about the future. Boys do all that?!

FreeCycle them.

5. Angella says:

I have two boys. 3 and almost 5. You are giving me a good glimpse of what I am in for :)

6. hokgardner says:

Oh I can see the mischief in their eyes. But goodness they are cute. I have a 1-year-old boychild, and I’m guessing I’ll get the same kind of looks sooner than I’m ready for.

7. Jaime says:

LOL Susan! Thats too funny! Yep they are cute and you can see it in their eyes. Good Luck.

8. Karen Vogel says:

It’s amazing how 2 boys together will dream up things that a boy and a girl, or 2 girls, would never think of. And it always seems like a good idea at the time….

9. LaShawn says:

I am about to give birth to my fourth boy….HELP!

10. Beverly says:

Thank goodness they’re so cute…or else!

My son did the spit ball fight with toilet paper in 5th grade in a public school…didn’t sit too well with the principal.

Your brown haired boy is really growing up.
    I feel for you about the putting clean clothes in the hamper thing. My son puts his clean clothes in the hamper, too. Everybody knows letting mom wash them three times in a row is much easier than hanging them up.

12. nrp says:

Ugh, the writing with toothpaste on windows… I’m all for experimentation in artwork, but I’m not going to believe your brother did it when he can barely write his own name, let alone yours. Ahem.

Those are some handsome guys you’ve got there.

13. nicole says:

these are two of the cutest little boys ever. i have 6 brothers and i’m the only girl, and i have been there done that with the spit wading, bubbles, the whole 9 yards. Now that I’m at college I miss them like crazy, and the crazy ideas they had don’t seem so crazy.

14. BetteJo says:

A few of the bullets I managed to dodge apparently! Yeah, they look innocent, but there IS that twinkle … :)

15. jadine says:

Aw, thank goodness they’re adorable, right?

I don’t know how long the toilet-paper stalactites were on my bathroom ceiling before I finally noticed them (2 boys, ages 7 and 10), and it took me a couple months to figure out that the strange marks on my glass shower door were actually butt-prints from them ‘doing something’ at each other when one was in the shower and the other was supposed to be brushing his teeth. Mine also do the clean-clothes-in-the-laundry-basket trick. Well, that should read “used to do”, but I’m not sure yet about that one.

I wonder what girls are like?

Wow.My husband complains about our boys now and they’re only 5, 2 and 1! I suppose the worst is yet to come… (and the best).

17. josy says:

at least they’re good looking…

18. Rebecca says:

Beautiful photo!

Any work on the kitchen being done? Would love to see photos!

19. Earl says:

Threaten them with public school…….

20. NoMasNinos says:

My 3 year old must be an over-achiever. He has emptied out our expensive toxic-free shampoo for his lovely bubble bath twice, so we are back to the toxic cheap stuff.

Although not toothpaste, he has smeared A&D all over the bathroom walls and mirror.

He has covered the bathroom floor with toilet paper, and dumped a whole other roll into the toilet at once.

He loves to sprinkle all his dirty clothes all over the house and then searches for the basket of clean clothes and does the same with that so that I don’t know which is clean and which is dirty, but before that makes sure the floor is sprinkled with his most recent meal.

To top it all off, his 1 year old brother is taking notes, and they are joining forces. H.E.L.P send reinforcements.

21. JCK says:

I have a little girl who is 3 and a boy who is almost 4. But, it is the little girl who is the michief maker - the one who really thinks things through, the PLANNER. Boy, of course, although older - goes along for the ride. Just by herself she has anointed her bedroom furniture, her clothes and body with aquaphor during “nap time.” Then there was the time when she covered herself with desitin. Or the time she ate half of a tube of toothpaste. Where was I you may ask? Collapsed on the floor, contemplating the psychiatric ward as a haven.

Gorgeous picture of your boys…thanks for the laughs!

22. jennP says:

your kids are just way too gorgeous. you have a wonderful chariming family :)

23. Lori says:

Oh man! They look like they’re up to no good. But at least they look cute in the meantime.

24. Lori says:

I think those two will be giving you trouble in the very near future.

25. Rae says:

Oh gosh, how’s your voice? Hoarse? Oh- nevermind. You probably never yell at them. ;) (Mine would be- What ARE YOU THINKING?)

26. meredith says:

No, they are much too handsome to have done those things…:)

27. Janssen says:

For one moment, when I looked at that picture, it made me want to have a whole hoard of kids too. I’ve NEVER wanted more than 3 or 4 kids - behold the power of your childrens cuteness and your excellent photography.

28. Elizabeth says:

Have they ever tried to convince you that the neatly folded clothes in the hamper are due to the fact that they neatly folded their dirty laundry? A girl will do that - no, not neatly fold her dirty laundry (at least, not mine) - but she might try to convince you she did. Mine used to think she was avoiding actually lying by saying “I *think* I folded them up after I wore them.” At least with boys it’s usually right out there in the open.

29. Megan Del says:

OMG. I totally thought it was just our kids who did the clean laundry in the hamper thing. Ah, blogging. You learn you are not alone.

30. Joan says:

Just curious, was this all in one day? :)

31. Amanda Regan (madamspud169) says:

Wait until they decide that the best place to deposit half eaten food is behind the radiator, mine did & to make matters worse it’s so cold here at the moment I’d turned the heating on.
    Cue one unbelievably strange smelling house.

32. Shannon says:

But they are so cute!

33. Heidi Hyde says:

I don’t believe it! They’re too sweet.

-HH

34. Maddy says:

Those smiles tell the tale of why, after all that mayhem, they are still alive today. Way too cute to tell off … and you have five others just like them! Scotch anyone?

35. nancy says:

oh to be young again……………… :0)

36. dynamitt says:

Im the oldest of three girls… and we did all that you listed (and some more).

37. kelly says:

#1 - It just kills me how kids, even boys, have the most gorgeous natural highlights in their hair.

#2 - When I look at this photo of your boys, I can see in their faces what they will look like when they’re grown men.

#3 - Girls are sweet and I understand them better, but there’s just something about little boys that melts my heart. Probably because they are just little men (since most men never really stop being ‘boys’).

38. Kristy says:

I fear for when they start dating…those are heartbreakers in the making right there!

39. Shelley says:

Well, they are adorable. But I disagree with the commenter who said that only two boys could come up with those things. I have three girls (including a very cute-looking but deceptively devilish five-year old), and I can attest to the fact that girls are just as bad. I especially despise the “let’s put the clean clothes back in the hamper so we don’t have to put them away” move. And if I find one more empty bottle of shampoo that I just bought…well, you know. I will agree that the girls probably wouldn’t do the spitball thing. But they will steal your make-up.

40. brookem says:

i don’t think you’re giving girls enough credit. my sister and i were plenty devious. we once used bbq charcoal to completely decorate the front of the house,the pavement and ourselves. we had run out of jumbo chalk.

41. Angie says:

I’m exhausted thinking about it! My boys are 9 years apart, so they don’t really get together to wreak havoc, but do their own separate things. The little girls do get together to make my life miserable, though. Of course, pulling out all their dolls and clothes and covers and making tents, houses, etc., because they hate me.

42. Kristina says:

The other day my 6 year old son came outside and told me “Mommy,it’s raining in the basement! I didn’t do anything!” It was indeed “raining” in the basement, but I guarantee to you that he, not his sisters, flushed a roll of tp down the toilet.

You have the cutest kids. They all have those scrunchy cheeks when they smile. Adorable.

I absolutely adore mischievous boys - they are the best! combined with handy skills such as instinctively knowing how to repair your stuff for you - without ever having had to learn it the hard way.

45. kathleen says:

Thanks for the warning….I was hoping mine would out grow some of the “getting into trouble”

46. lotus07 says:

You are doomed, my friend.

47. jessica says:

Your sons are very handsome. No matter what kind of trouble they are going to get into, they look peaceful and together right now.

48. Kristen says:

Story of my life! I swear they are so much worse when there are two (or more) of them! When they are alone, they are angels. Together - forget about it…