Costumes on Parade

Costumes on Parade

November 2, 2007

I had my camera on some sort of funky setting. Not sure why or what it does, but this batch of photos is all slightly blurry. or maybe I just need glasses, who can tell.

In any event, here are the rest of the costumes from our house this Halloween.

the difference a year makes

The Pirate, wearing a costume that my oldest son wore when he was the same age.

DSC_00321

Some sort of skeleton ghoul thing.

DSC_00481

Darth Vadar.

DSC_00431

An alien. A home made costume. Not made by me because I love my children too much to subject them to me trying to sew something.

DSC_00411

Indiana Jones. Yes this child has been the exact same thing for four years running now. To say he doesn’t embrace change would be an understatement.

DSC_00641

Creepy old guy. Another repeat costume from last year.

Maybe I will get around to sharing some of my favorite Halloween photos before Christmas. But don’t hold your breath, I think I have inherited ADHD from my children.

Comments

1. elizabeth says:

LMAO - sorry, but they’re hilarious and fitting to the personalities you have shared about over the years! ADHD - you? Me too - and I am learning to embrace it. ;-)

2. Sherri says:

Great pictures! My youngest was Indiana Jones this year and all the adults knew who he was and the kids, well, not so much, ah, the generation gap.

3. Lilly says:

Pirate is adorable! Great photo of the skeleton ghoul, love the eye within the eye. They’re all great, including the recurring ones. Thanks for sharing these. Love’em.

4. Deborah says:

Fours years running? Blue jeans, a great Gap oxford cloth button down, a leather jacket and a cool fedora? For four year? How much easier could you ask for it to be? I could only wish. Happy Halloween. :)

5. Ashley says:

I love the costumes! Oh, and you should know. You’re famous in Alaska now. Your blog was blurbed in the local paper yesterday!

6. jody2ms says:

I am totally in love iwth the miniature Jack Sparrow!

All are too cute….can I have them?

7. Crisanne says:

Your son gives Harrison Ford a run for his money!! What a cutie. I love the homemade costume as well as the story behind it on your other blog.

8. Karen Vogel says:

They look okay to me - maybe it is your eyesight. Or maybe it’s mine. Who knows? I just wish I had thought of posing each child in costume individually with his pumpkin. But, no, that would have been too obvious. Now, in future years, they’ll argue over whose pumpkin was whose.

9. Cary says:

I love boys!!! They drive us crazy, but as a mother is there anything else that hits those heart strings and makes you smile so much. Future wives and children will love these photos.

10. Geri says:

Thanks for the photos! They are great fun!

They look clear to me, but it is possible that they are blurry. I may have imbibed more wine than I thought, it is FRIDAY after, and that’s wine night!!

12. Maria says:

Personally speaking, Indiana Jones would be lucky to have looked that cute as a child. I see no reason to change what ain’t broke. :)

13. Kyran says:

This series more than anything I have seen or read here brings it home to me that you have seven children. That’s never really seemed like a big deal until now, as I sit here trying to imagine the chaos of locating & putting on costumes times 7.

Oh my god, & then the sugar tripping, times 7. and the post binge crankiness .

I can only surmise that the joy is also exponential. The cute sure is.

14. Not June Cleaver says:

Chris, I have commented before, but it has been awhile! I just had to say that your daughter’s princess costume is such a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the other costumes! I have three boys, so I don’t get much “fresh air.”

Thanks for posting.

15. lotus07 says:

Awwww, a Baby Vader….I feel on warm and fuzzy all over, like someone is holding a light saber against the back of my neck.

If I looked that cool as Indiana Jones, I’d go in that leather jacket every year too. Actually, I REALLY want one of those jackets and the hat to go with it now.

17. She Likes Purple says:

Great pictures! Love Indiana Jones.

18. Andrea says:

I’m sorry, but can I ask what the hell the alien’s ears are made of? I’m experiencing a mixture of nausea and curiosity; I can’t bear to look at it, and yet I’m enthralled. (Is it some kind of meat product?)

Andrea