Bath, Anyone?

Bath, Anyone?

December 4, 2007

Bath, Anyone?

Comments

1. Jeanne says:

The inside of the tub looks similar to mine before my son cleaned it last week.

‘Nuff said.

2. Tricia says:

Who let you in my teens bathroom?

3. Caren Story says:

Ewww! When I first saw it, the three holes for the faucet looks like two eyes and a mouth, and the bathtub is just as shocked as we were to see it that way :)

4. Heather's Garden says:

Okay, you’ve got to explain this one. Great photo, but is it in your yard? A fort for the kids? A planter in the spring? And are those stairs on the right-hand side?

5. Karen Vogel says:

Looks a little too chilly for me, thanks!

6. All Adither says:

At least it isn’t a toilet.

7. Dad Gone Mad says:

That yellowish bronze color on the inside of the tub is The Color Of The 1970s. I think I had some Garanimals corduroys in that exact shade.

Also, why the steps? Are there really people short enough NOT to step into that little thing?

8. Kendra says:

I would gladly take a snow bath today. We had record heat here today. RECORD HEAT PEOPLE! It’s December for Pete’s sake!

9. Sue says:

Are you at a junk yard? I’m so confused…

10. M. says:

I’m not confused. I’m a native New Englander and there is something very, very New England-y about that photo. I’m trying to think of the reason why — it is hard to explain but it is not at all weird to come across an ancient bathtub like that somewhere in New England. Like maybe at the edges of some very large Yard Sale - Antiques Fair type place that my dad was always dragging me to on Saturday mornings when I was little. The kind of place where thrifty New Englanders bring out all their junk — oh um excuse me, I mean “Treasures” and try to sell them for a few bucks. Then if those treasures get snowed on they are even more charming and even more New Englandy. Am I right??

11. josy says:

i had a minitub like that in an apartment i had when i was single - the apartment was in the most run-down crackhouse in the city. i would sit all scrunched up in my tub and wonder if someone was going to break in and rape me before my bath was done.
    i didn’t live there for long.

12. Girlymom4 says:

Where is this tub? We have an old tub like this, it’s great for the kids, kinda a pain to shower in- the shower curtain sticks to me- I need more room!

13. Cara says:

That’s funny, cause that’s exactly what my claw foot tub looks like now. It’s on our back deck and has been for a year. We pulled it out of our bathroom for remodeling and never got around to it. Now that we’re remodeling, we’ve got to figure out how to refinish it ourselves and get it back up the stairs (which still is w/o a bannister so we can fit the tub up them).

14. B says:

Hey, I’m looking for a clawfoot tub.

15. Jen says:

I’m not sure about New Englanders, but down here in Texas, we use old tubs like this to hold water for the deer and other wildlife to drink during our hot Texas summers.

16. Suzanne says:

Tempting…

17. kerrianne says:

Nicely vintage. If I were a raccoon, I would so sleep in that. Which has nothing to do with bathing really, but see when I saw the picture I immediately thought: raccoon! bed! Which perhaps I should not have herein admitted.

18. Manic Mommy says:

Reminds me of those weird commercials for a drug that helps with erectile disfunction. Ever notice how they’re always in bathtubs outside staring at sunsets?

Also LMAO at All Adither. Before I opened to comments, I was thinking “at least it’s not a toilet.”

19. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

Scrub this up, block off the holes and put a filter in it and it would make a great pond, you could even put a water feature into it. Maybe sink it into the ground a little.

Carolynn :-)

20. Alisa says:

Um…I think I’ll just stay here in So Cal. It was a chilly 84 today.

Thanks for the offer though…

21. Lisa says:

I’m 5 years old, and visiting a friend of the family down in Brownsville, Texas.
    Wow ( what I called her, cuz I just couldn’t wrap my mouth around Dorothea ) had this WONDERFUL old 2 story house w/ this amazing staircase and a kitchen I would kill for now. In her master bath, she had a MONSTER of a clawfoot tub…when I wasn’t outside playing with the cats, or showing off my latest ballet moves to Wow,
    you could find me swimming ( literally ! ) in that tub.

Thanks, Chris - I sooo needed a good memory today.

22. brookem says:

you’re not going to put that on freecycle are you?

Bathtub- free to a good home, after a little work and a lot of Lysol this tub will be as good as new. available for pick up at the woods behind my house. bring your own shovel and snow gear.

alternatively you could just cut it in half and turn it into a shrine to the Virgin Mary. it could be a fun project for all the family and would certainly give the neighbours something to talk about.