Many Hands Make Light Work

Many Hands Make Light Work

December 9, 2007

the elves are hard at work

Light work for me, that is.

My little elves are hard at work making sure all our friends and family get cards from us this year. The best part? They love licking the envelopes.

Comments

1. OMSH says:

Eeeeewwww! Who likes licking envelopes? Yuck!!

Love the farm table!

2. Karen Vogel says:

Sigh - I had all my cards addressed and then I put them aside until I had time to pick up some Christmas-y stamps, and now? Now I can’t find them.

3. Not The Mama says:

Ooh, I need some elves. I’m never going to get this stack of Christmas cards done. And I HATE licking envelopes.

4. Catherine says:

Looks like a home based business there! I like how each kid has a job and does it. Mine are 2yo & 4yo, so they want to do eachother’s jobs, or mine, or be creative in the placement of the return address label.

5. salsaqueen says:

First response! Whee!!

What fun. I made over 160 cards to send this year. Alone. With no help. That was not fun!

6. All Adither says:

Doesn’t everyone love licking envelopes?

7. fidget says:

eww licking envelopes is the worst!!

8. Jamie AZ says:

Love the assembly line! Maybe in a few years my two will cooperate enough to be put to work like that!

Aahhhh… the joy of having minions to do your bidding!

Around here the phrase we use is “Many hands make light work and mini hands make light hearts.”

It’s like the perfect sucker line for the grandparents!

Happy holidays to you and your underlings!

I hate the licking of the envelopes!! Nasty!!

11. elizabeth says:

You are so wise and so smart, and really I think these are much better than the cards we labor over grudgingly. These guys and gal seem to be having a ball. What did you bribe them with by the way? ;-)

12. Lisa says:

I need some elves to do this for me. I haven’t even begun!

13. cristen says:

That’s what I’m doing at the moment too (printing out the photos at the computer and laying out 50 photos to dry–ugh, I’ll be here forever)! Except I just told my 5-yr-old she can’t help, because the photos will smear, and they have to be *perfect.* Another case of you being the better mom than I. Just kidding, sort of.

14. bombaygirl says:

Ohhh…must be nice to have elves on your payroll! I will have to wait a few years before my two get beyond the tearing and crumpling and generally running with scissors stage!

15. Victoria says:

Envelopes used to be super tasty!

16. Anna says:

How do you get them to all sit still? I have just one little boy to take a Christmas picture of…and all I have is a memory card full of his blurry side profile as he dashes out of the frame. Help! I suppose I could just send cards that don’t require a picture…but where’s the fun in that? ;-) Happy China-Free Holidays!

17. M. says:

Wow, how nice for you that your little elves are old enough to actually be helpful and do things right, making less work for you instead of more! Making your own cards is fun, I know, and yours there on the table are lookin’ good.

18. J from Ireland says:

I love that tradition in America of sending pictures of your children. I love this blog i get great ideas of things to do with my children, you make me be a better Mom( Mam as we are known as over here), will me to take better photos and get a great laugh too, thanks.

better be careful with the licking of envelopes (Seinfeld episode where George’s fiance dies after licking all the wedding invites) I’m only kidding! I wish my kids were that helpful!

20. Ardi says:

very nice, I wish I could have one.

21. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

I don’t seal mine, YUK can you imagine licking 100 envelopes, No Thankyou. :-)

I don’t have the luxury of having Rigrats to do it, but they are all written and ready to send.

Carolynn :-)

22. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

Tha was supposed to read ” Rugrats”

Carolynn :-)

23. Heather's Garden says:

See, I told you many hands make light work! I bet your heart swelled taking that photo. Mine sure did seeing it. Now just turn them loose on those Christmas decorations!

24. Lizzy in the Burbs says:

Can you send them over to my house when they’re finished with your cards? :) I only need two or three elves, and since you have so many you’ll hardly know they’re gone! (yeah, right) You’re a lucky woman to have so many helpers!

Can I borrow a couple of elves? I havent even started Christmas card photos yet. I guess I better get busy!

26. Brigitte says:

Aw, man, I already (yech) licked all my envelopes!

By the way, you probably know already, but your other blog is broken . .

27. goodsandwich says:

My god, I read “my little elves” as “my little slaves!”

They’re super-cute as usual.

28. Manic Mommy says:

Yup. HRH was our big envelope licker this year. Uck.

29. Lisa Lisa says:

I can’t wait until my 3 little ones are old enough to help with these kinds of things.

What I’m really waiting for is when I can just yell out “Are you guys done taking a bath!” Oh! That will be heaven.

Chris says: Oh no, heaven is being able to say, “Go take a shower.” And they do the entire thing alone.

30. Lori says:

I need some volunteers to help with my cards this year.

31. Amy says:

chris, where did you get your advent wreath/candleholder?

Chris says: Amy, I bought it at TJMaxx a few years ago. So I’m not sure where you could get it now. Sorry.

32. Girlymom4 says:

You have amazing pictures. What a talent. Someday I would love to see how your kitchen is laid out, from what I could see, it reminds me of mine and I am trying to think of a creative way to put a table/ island in there.

33. Debbie says:

I can usuall get that for a few until the excitment wears out and playing with legos look better.