Still Snowing

Still Snowing

December 14, 2007

still snowing

Over 12″ now.

Comments

1. Mary W says:

Lovely snowfall - looks like the perefect night for a lit tree a hot beverage and a nice warm blanket and roaring fire

2. Jaime says:

Wow looks like fun! We have had 4inches of rain in the last few days. Cold and wet just sucks. I would so take the snow!

3. bombaygirl says:

So pretty. From a distance. In California. Where it is a lot warmer. heehee

4. carrie says:

Wow! Stay warm, and make a killer snowman if you get a chance!

5. Karen Vogel says:

Oh, now I’m jealous. All we’re do for down here is a wintry mix, which will be just tantalizing enough to make my kids cry.

6. Anitz says:

I’m envious! :mrgreen:

7. Juju says:

Wow! I only remember getting snow that deep once, about 30 years ago. Here in Cornwall, we just get the freezing winds and not the fun snow :-(

8. kate says:

oh I am so jealous.

I wanted to know if you ever heard about the laptop I posted about for Children. It is by XO you buy one and give one to a child in a third world country. They have extreme battery life because of solar power and are able to be plugged in like regular laptops.

9. Lorraine says:

Wow!! Send some of that my way…. my son has been praying for snow, but apparently we are far enough south that all we got out of this was some rain. ick.

10. genpoco says:

Took me an hour plus to get off the Mtn. where I work in order to pick up The Minion at dismissal yesterday. Usually a 20 minute drive. I freaking hate winter. grrrrrr. And more fun is coming on Sunday.

11. Amy says:

I don’t know if I should be jealous (I love snow, especially proper full on snow) or glad that we’re just having a regular old cold spell (no ice or snow).

On the upside, 9 days from now we will be languishing in the swimming pool back home in SA drinking cocktails and wondering what all the fuss is about so it will then be a MOO point.

Also, am I allowed to ask permission to view your pics? Understand if not, there are many creepy folk and you don’t know me from pie!

Regards
    A

12. meredith says:

Eeew! We are supposed to get some of that tomorrow and my girls are excited. I stopped liking snow a long time ago, I think it looks pretty…in other peoples towns :)

Wow!! Wish we had gotten the snow. Instead we got sleet, freezing rain, and just a little snow in the bargain. Now we have a slushy mess!! I’m just a little bit jealous.

14. Tammy says:

I wish we could get that here! I think you’re chances at a white Christmas are pretty decent : )

15. Andi says:

We’re under about two feet of “old” snow and we’re supposed to get 30cm new over the weekend, so I can definitely sympathise! Of course, you may not mind; I’m heading home for the holidays on Tuesday, so I am less than thrilled with the idea of slipping through all of that- I find it suddenly becomes beautiful when you don’t have to go anywhere!

16. Another Susan says:

I’m so sorry … this storm missed us in NJ. We only had a chilly rain. Hey - Spring begins on 3/20!

17. Julie Stiles Mills says:

It is beautiful to look at. I’m not too sure I would like to go outside for any reason. I live in Florida about 45 minutes from Disney World, so the snow we saw at MGM’s Osborn Family Light Show was actually soap suds. Tiny, tiny soap suds. You don’t stick out your tongue for those! bleh. It would be a LOT easier to get into the Christmas spirit if I didn’t sweat when I went outside. From one extreme to the other, I guess.

18. deborah says:

Oh, I totally feel your pain; we had 6 yesterday; I know that was nothing. However; we are in for a Noreaster tomorrow into Sunday with another foot or more expected. But we’re used to it. We do live in the “Snow Capital” of the US afterall! Central NY is well-known for this type of weather. Lake-effect is a common word here. Enjoy

19. OMSH says:

Over 12″ there and hey, we just dropped below 60 degrees here, go figure.

Christmas should have snow.
    That’s it, I’m moving North.

20. She Likes Purple says:

As a Texan, I vow never to complain again. Until the summer.

21. Cheryl M. says:

I want to see a big fat snowman! :)

22. lotus07 says:

Still in the 60 and dry here in the southwest…..I miss your snow.