Even Santa Needs A Cold One

Even Santa Needs A Cold One

December 26, 2007

Even Santa Needs A Drink

Comments

1. kalisah says:

what the heck is that…carrots? …And cookies? …And beer?

Santa maybe doesn’t want to mix that with the Vicodin I left out for him.

Chris says: Well the carrots are for the reindeer, though no doubt Santa could use a little roughage after eating all those cookies.

2. Annika says:

You know, I have been thinking that when Sam is old enough to leave milk and cookies for Santa maybe beer would be better. I think maybe Santa gets enough milk. And I bet he’d like some nice potato chips, or maybe a pizza…

3. All Adither says:

I bet he left some extra special presents at your place.

4. To Think is to Create says:

Oh my, what cookies are those? I don’t think you’ve posted that recipe, unless I missed it.

That beer isn’t going to help that bowl full of jelly get down all those chimneys, but it sure will make it more fun.

5. Lizzy in the Burbs says:

No, Santa needs the whole six pack. Thankuverymuch!

6. Nikki says:

I totally understand where you are coming from. Beer is a traditional thing to leave out for Santa here in the land down under. As transplants from Chicago to Sydney, we are living through our 2nd Christmas and just starting to ‘understand’ the traditions. But beer for Santa sounds good!

Man, Santa has it good at your house!! Next year I think I’ll leave out a bottle of Wine or a Smirnoff Ice!!! Your giving me IDEAS!!!

8. deanna says:

So glad I am not the only parent who provides the beer….no wonder the fat boy is so darn jolly!

Ha! We leave carrots for the reindeer, too. My cat got a hold of one of the carrots and batted it around the house for an hour after the kids got in bed.
    No doubt Santa needs a cold one.

10. wookie says:

I would have thought with the gluten thing that they’d leave a glass of wine out for Santa ;-)

11. Tiffany says:

HAHA we left Beer for santa too!! The kids kept telling us santa doesnt drink and sleigh. Im glad someone else left him some beer too!

12. Brigitte says:

Good thing the reindeer stay sober!

13. Carrie says:

That is too cute!

One beer? Six pack? Case! Thankyouberrymuch.

14. Kathleen says:

That’s too cute. When I was a kid we always left Santa a PB&J and a beer (helped him assemble all those tricycles!) Now my 4 kids do the same every year. This year we made the PB&J on red and green bread— garish, but Santa loved it!

15. She Likes Purple says:

I love that you leave carrots for the reindeer–that may be a tradition we steal… I mean, also adopt.

16. Kristabella says:

I bet your house is Santa’s favorite!

17. Lynda says:

Santa got single malt whisky at our house. My husband was very insistent on that!

18. Jennielynn says:

For many years now, Santa has gotten a glass of good wine and a small antipasto tray at our house. Believe it or not, it was my eldest’s idea when she was about 7.
    “I think if I were Santa, I’d get really sick of milk and cookies. Let’s leave cheese and crackers!”
    The wine was Mom’s idea, since she knows Santa pretty well. Santa appreciates the break.

19. Liesl says:

I grew up protestant in a conservative community where drinking was against most people’s religion except ours. Therefore my parents always conviced us that Santa liked our house best because we left wine and cheese . . . I am sure the kindergarten teacher loved it when my sister shared that information when the questions of “what do you leave for Santa” was the topic of the day!

20. Jen says:

We also leave carrots for the reindeer……nothing like munching all around those carrots to leave “reindeer bite marks” for the next morning.

21. Steph says:

That is so funny! My 3 year old said “mommy unless we are leaving chocolate milk for santa we should really give him something else to drink”. (My 3yo hates regular milk these days). I asked him what else do we have to leave him and he said “beer and moutain dew”. Well Beer and Mountain dew is what santa got! My son however has spent far too many weekends at he lake and insisted that we put the beer in ice to make sure it’s cold enough for him.

22. Charlotte says:

Funny, at my house Santa always got a nice dry martini and a Cuban cigar. The reindeer were on their own.

23. Emily says:

Santa always enjoys his beer at our house too

24. Sarah says:

Vegetables and beer … no wonder you got a Blackberry! ;)

25. carrie says:

Nice.

26. Mary W says:

HEH this year was cookies and cocoa but last year - with two bicycles a scooter and a matchbox rumbling thunder race track to assemble Santa got pizza and beer.