A New Year’s Eve Tradition Continues

A New Year’s Eve Tradition Continues

December 31, 2007

The Naked House

Comments

1. Karen says:

Oh!!!!

My kids are decorating one of our gingerbread houses as I type!

It will be smashed tomorrow ^^

Karen

2. Kate says:

bombs away! ( I remember the destruction of last year!)
    Happy new year

3. Karen Vogel says:

Did I miss something? Is that a gingerbread house that has not yet been decorated, or does your New Year’s Eve tradition consist of eating all the decorations off of your gingerbread house?

4. Sara says:

Looks like a good start. Can’t wait to see the finished product. Happy New Year!(a few hours early)

5. Anna says:

YUM! That looks like a perfect serving size for me…once it’s loaded with candy, of course. HAPPY NEW YEAR from Vermont!

6. Victoria says:

I just need to pick pick pick at the candy!

That’s…er.. actually all I do with these! *blush*

7. All Adither says:

some gumdrops please.

8. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Happy New Year!

You’ll let us see the finished product tomorrow, won’t you?

9. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

Chris , do you know, in 50 years I have NEVER made a Ginger Bread House.

Friends of ours little girls made us Ginger Bread Men for Christmas Eve.

Chris your Daughter is beginning to look Soooooo like yourself.

I have mentioned before I work in Neonatal Intensive Care here in Western Australia and we are SOOOOO VERY BUSY right now. I think I need to find out where these little beings come from. Maybe at the age of 50 years it is a little too late. I hope you had a great Christmas. We had a quiet Christmas to ourselves, it was wonderful. Other than some Pan Pastels (The Full Set) My hubby is getting me a Spa, it will be ordered for me in the New Year and I am so looking forward to it. Especially after having tried one a few days prior to Christmas asnd it was so luxurious.

Christmas Day our Temps were 40.5 Degrees Celcius and on St Stephens Day it got to 44.2 Degrees which for you guys was 111.5 Degrees Farenheit. Do you you think you could swap us for some of your cold and snow. After all it is only fair.LOL

Take Care and have a GREAT 2008

Lots of Love Carolynn. Still need to sort out my Around Australia Trip Pics but I promise I will get around to it when someone gives me some extra hours. LOL

:-)

10. Sara says:

Wow ,I could go to Australia just about now,in Wisconsin it feels bitter cold!!!! I have never made a ginger bread house either!!!!! I thought about buying a kit this year but sadly didn’t.Maybe next year!!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year!!!

I can’t wait to see the finished results. We made gingerbread men last night. They were actually for the kids, but the adults ended up making them too. So much fun!

12. Kini says:

Do you do one house for the whole clan?

I’ve done that and have nothing but arguments. Lately, I’ve found my sanity to be worth having a house for each kid. Granted, I have only two. And, I think this year, it will be a “winter house” or a “Valentine’s house” at the rate we’re going! Hahahaha, ahem.

Can’t wait to see the final result! :)

Chris says: Not really sure what they would possibly argue about. There is plenty of candy for everyone. My older two sons said they thought it would be fun for everyone to have their own small house so we could set up a gingerbread village. But they will have to make the gingerbread by themselves.

13. Kit says:

Chris, your post at Ordering Disorder (is that the name?) inspired me to do gingerbread this year! We just made our men today, they are so fun. I was all set to make the house, cut out my template and everything…but I ran out of gingerbread!! One more day til we go back to school, so we *might* make it tomorrow…maybe I’ll end up making a MLK holiday gingerbread house…

Chris says: Personally I think a gingerbread house is appropriate for every holiday.