New Year’s Eve in Photos Part 2

New Year’s Eve in Photos Part 2

January 1, 2008

The house was decorated. If by decorated we mean having every square inch covered with candy. He is saving the candy in his cheek for later, like a squirrel.

I don't have any candy in my cheek

The rest of the candy was spread around the table and floor in a frenzy of bag opening and mouth stuffing.

DSC_00671

Even the marshmallow snowman looks like he is coming off of a sugar bender.

Comments

1. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Beautiful houses . . . and great pictures of the oh-so-happy-we’re-having-a-good-time kids!

2. Annalise says:

Happy new year!

The gingerbread house looks fun - now I am toying with the idea of making one with the kids tomorrow. Though I am so hopeless at baking that it may be a bit of a doomed exercise…

3. Annalise says:

Have just googled gingerbread house recipes, and have realised that they lie far, far beyond my baking and organisational skills. Am now even more impressed by yours!

Hey - I think I have the same table as you (IKEA? Does the leaf tuck under the table?) and the same bowls (white Fiestaware)?

Love the drinking pictures. Cheers!

Chris says: Yes to both!!

5. suburbancorrespondent says:

Oooh, yeah, I’ve witnessed this sort of scene. Check out http://suburbancorrespondent.blogspot.com/2007/12/are-we-done-yet.html for details.

6. Wicked Stepmom says:

LOOK! We did it! We did it! http://wickedstepmom.blogspot.com/2008/01/more-irony-for-new-year.html

Prince Charming actually enjoyed himself too, and we’re already planning next year’s house. Thanks for posting the instructions and recipe Chris and for continuing to inspire us. :)

Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family.