New Year’s Eve in Photos Part 3

New Year’s Eve in Photos Part 3

January 1, 2008

We had our annual game of charades.

DSC_00721

If you can’t tell, she is a snowman and her finger is her carrot nose.

I know, it was so cute I had to gobble her up right on the spot.

More Charades

This is my 10 yr old reenacting the demise of the Titanic. Yeah. Luckily one of his brother was able to guess the right answer as soon as he crashed into the opposite wall.

DSC_00301

The baffled audience.

DSC_00671

And then sometimes you are trying to act out lemonade by showing how you would squeeze the lemons. Making squeezing motions over and over and over again. Your family guesses things like “squeezing toothpaste” or “wringing someone’s neck.” And then you can not help but cry at your unfortunate plight at having been born into such a stupid family.

Comments

1. Anna says:

Charades? What an awesome idea…I hope you won’t mind if I steal that one for next year. I was acting out giraffe once in a charades game as a child…it didn’t end well.

2. Lynda says:

Wonderful. We just finished playing charades here (my parents were over for Ne’er Day dinner). A 7 year old trying to do “Deal or no Deal” is……mystifying.

Lemonade? Impossible! I like the snowman.

4. Anna says:

Clearly, it was obvious he meant lemonade. We played MadGab. Good times.

5. All Adither says:

Beats watching tv or staring into the fireplace.

6. dynamitt says:

Oh I so know the feeling about having a stupid family who could not guess what I was acting out….

Seems like you have fun though. Our family tradition is to have game day on the 25th. Christmas for us is Christmas eve, so the 25h is lazy pj day with games and a lot of food,sweets and snacks.

7. shaz says:

love charades with kids! very amusing.

8. BOSSY says:

Bossy just wants to curl up in a little ball in the corner of your amber-soaked cozy room. Yummy. Happy New Year, friend. (Excellent photos)

Chris says: I’ll make you a little nest, as the kids call it.

9. genpoco says:

Geez and a young Tommy Lee Jones on the sofa as a bonus…lol! I love the Titanic idea - between the candy and “champagne” it looked like a fabulous evening! That picture of the tree in the baffled audience photo is great -who is the artist?

Chris says: Thank you, I painted it.

10. shanna says:

love it. our charades games are just as dysfunctional. ;)

OK.. so what’s up with your other blog??? :)

11. Kristie says:

Well, see, in our family, a “making lemonade” charade would constitue a continuous pouring motion, since we just buy it already made from the grocery store and pour it out of a container … we’re not really crafty or talented enough to make it with actual lemons. And the continual pouring motions would probably fit in better with your “drunk already” notion from the previous entry.

So see? Your family and my family are pretty much just alike ….. just not in the same way at all. :)

Chris says: Trust me, we do not have freshly squeezed lemonade here either. But we do have children who squeeze the toothpaste tube with two hands. So you can see our confusion.

12. Joan says:

Well, that is certainly one of THE most adorned gingerbread house that was ever created…my teeth hurt just looking at it! No matter, your family obviously had a wonderful time. Happy New Year!

13. Sleeping Mommy says:

I don’t do charades very often. I just freeze up–so I usually avoid it if I can.

Love the pics. Happy New Year!

14. peanut says:

The best thing about a big family is built in playmates!!!

15. Fairly Odd Mother says:

Adorable snowman! And, in that last photo, he looks almost like he just tasted a lemon, so maybe it was part of the act!

16. Pickel says:

All I can say is that I wish my floors looked like that…I think the years have taken its toll on them.

17. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Charades IS a great idea . . . and I’m so glad you helped clue us in on the snowman . . . but of course, her little finger is the carrot nose. I should have known that one! We spent last night with our five grandchildren as they hosted a talent show, which was lots of fun . . . but next year I’m thinkin’ we’ll add Charades! Thanks!

18. Lorraine says:

Charades… oooo awesome. I so need ideas for next New Year’s day. we did the rose parade and ate lasagne. other than that, it was just any other day. Had to keep reminding hubs it was a holiday, no mail, no trash pickup. etc.

19. JennP says:

your family is truly the most entertaining! i started reading your blog over a year and a half ago and even having less than 2 free minutes in a day (and thats with just one kid), i always find myself here. a bit like the need to check the paper every day… thanks for all your wonderful posts and pictures. your kids are all gorgeous and seem like such wonderful kids! (i know i know, we only see what you show us! hehe)
    Happy new year!

20. Mara says:

I HATE it when people don’t get my clues in games! Especially Pictionary or Cranium. Definitely melt-down material. Your kids are so photogenic… they must be very used to having their picture taken.

Happy New Year!

21. Heather B. says:

I’m coming to your house for New Year’s Eve next year. Just giving you a bit of a heads up so you can like run away or move or something.

22. Lisa says:

Chris, I’d love to see more pics of your house. You have done an amazing job!

georgyct@aol.com

23. Rae says:

See? What did I say… totally inspiring. I want to have New Year’s Eve charades traditions with MY family. You rock, Chris.

24. Bronnie says:

Haha. I love it!!
    We played charades on Christmas Eve! So much family fun.

Ours was slightly different to yours, being that everyone was over 18 & drunk on champagne.
    But still have the stupid-family syndrome.

25. Isabel Kallman says: