New Year’s Eve Part It Is Over

New Year’s Eve Part It Is Over

January 2, 2008

DSC_00531

Breakfast of champions to welcome in 2008.

DSC_00701

The children notice that it is snowing outside, again. I know I should stop complaining about the snow since I live in New England and all. But I can’t help it.

DSC_00871

Summing up our long weekend, minus a visit to the ER last night when I had an allergic reaction to something I ate.

Comments

1. Wendy says:

Is that leftover Valentine candy or you bought some when you noticed that the stores are getting ready for Valentine already?

Sorry, about your trip. Hope all is well.

2. Wicked Stepmom says:

OK, seriously did they leave the table AT ALL?

We sucked at digging into our Gingerbread House… started way too late (like after dinner! Yes, we are stupid.), so we had to limit how much the kids were allowed to eat seeing as they went back to school today and we wanted them to SLEEP at some point.

Now the trick is keeping ME away from it today.

Sorry to hear of your trip to the E.R. This allergy business really stinks. :(

3. suburbancorrespondent says:

I’m not even tempted by those gingerbread houses on my counter. I’ve eaten my sugar quota for the winter (and beyond).

Snow (sigh) - it snows everywhere but here.

4. Camilla says:

Eep, sorry about the hospital trip, i hope you’re recovered. Just started back at work today, and after trauling through 2000+ spam emails i took a break to catch up with your blog and all your gorgeous photos. You cheered my day considerably. Your sense of humour would fit in perfectly in Ireland you know, you frequently have me cackling quietly at my desk! :P
    Just wanted to drop in and say thanks, and Happy New Year! (and if you don’t want that snow, send some my way, i’m sad as all heck at the moment through lack of snow)

5. Lilly says:

For 3 years it hasn’t snowed at Christmastime here on Cape Cod! We’re only here for 2 weeks each winter and my son misses the snow so much! We’re jealous of your snow. We travel north to find some of the white stuff but he yearns for sledding and snowballs and a snowman right outside like we had in years when he was younger.

6. Tricia says:

Sorry about your reaction. The holidays are always hard for someone with a food allergy.

My daughter had a reaction to something I gave her; I was sure it was okay, I read the ingredients.

Sadly I think the ingredients list was printed in china and lost something in translation. Namely, the dairy that was oh, so obviously present.

I think the last time she had a reaction was 4th of July. Holidays are the hardest.

Glad you’re okay!

7. Fairly Odd Mother says:

You must live in that part of New England that gets snow. Grrrr. . ..I’m so jealous b/c we’ve had rain wash away all our snow. I am in need of some sledding.

8. Lacy says:

I just *love* his hair. It’s gorgeous! Such a handsome boy. I’m assuming you know which one I’m talking about. :)

9. Ani says:

I had never eaten gingerbread that was not cardborad flavor, but the kiddies were pleading for a “gingy-man house” so I tried your recipe.

Oh. My. God.

It was so good that my 2-yr-old scarfed down a 10″ gingerbread man all by his little lonesome. And looked blissful about it.

Thanks for a great easy recipe. The gingy-house…it didn’t make it to the new year. Yum. :-)

10. Stephanie says:

So when will you get your own hypodermic or epi-pen, so you won’t have to go to the ER?

I keep a bottle of liquid benadryl close at hand to help with reactions to stuff I eat, but you sound far more severe than me.

Chris says: I do have an Epi-Pen. But you still need to go to the er if you use it. And the idea of using it frightens me.

11. cristen says:

yuck about the ER! What a buzz kill.