Snow Flakes That Stay On My Nose and Eyelashes

Snow Flakes That Stay On My Nose and Eyelashes

January 3, 2008

DSC_01101

Guess what? More snow! I know it is truly shocking. Because it never snows in New England in the winter.

DSC_01791

This is Miles outside in the snow. He is standing on the plowed driveway. I am standing in the front yard on top of the snow. Yes, that is how deep the snow is.

DSC_00951

This snow storm was actually as close to perfect as snow storms can get. The snow came down in huge wet flakes. There was no biting wind whipping at your face. And the temperature was surprisingly warm, you know for snowing.

Comments

1. Wendy says:

HUH? Snow is warm? We had our own snow day, yesterday. It was 40 degrees and it was just too much to get the kids bundled up to go out. Yeah, I know if we lived way up there in the North Pole, we would just die. I guess that is why we live way down here in the Deep, Deep South or what we call hell in the summertime.

Chris says: Well warm is a relative term here. It was probably around 40 degrees this day.

2. Maria says:

Yes, but we are making up for it today in Upstate NY. Brrrrrr.

Chris says: YES! It was 1.4 degrees outside this morning, without the windchill. Kill me. Preferably on a funeral pyre.

3. All Adither says:

He’ll have some nice, snowy childhood memories.

4. Wicked Stepmom says:

*sigh* I wish we’d get some of that glorious snow. Do you think you’d notice a few more inhabitants in your house? We don’t need much room… :)

5. Leeann says:

I love your photos. They never fail to make me smile, every single day.

Thank you for that. You are on my list of things I am grateful for!

I also look forward to following your year long journey on your other blog. :-)

Leeann
    niccofive.blogspot.com

6. Christy says:

That is exactly how it was here too. Tons of “snowball snow” and no wind. It was great!

7. Mara says:

This is making me very much miss Vermont. It looks so lovely…

Since you don’t like snow all that much, could you arrange to have it sent here (Virginia) instead? I’d appreciate that!

8. nabbalicious says:

You are SO lucky! I wish it would snow here. Seriously, I miss it.

9. Brigitte says:

Such a contrast - we live so close, yet have almost no snow right now. Fine by ME, but the little girl is very disappointed.

10. Norma says:

Hi! It’s me Norma from TEXAS! Being from a place where it’s hot 95% of the time that looks soooo awesome. But then I think about driving to work, going to the grocery store, all the normal things I do in a day and it makes me appreciate my little warm spot on the earth a whole lot more! Visit, yes. Live, no.

11. suburbancorrespondent says:

A funeral pyre would be nice and warm, now wouldn’t it? We’re even feeling the cold down here where I live, but I sure am jealous of that snow!

12. kalisah says:

now…if only the silver white winter would go ahead and melt into spring already, huh?

I have a friend in Maine and she’s also bemoaning the snow. It’s supercold in Memphis today - 18 degrees! - but will be 65 by the weekend. But snow would be fun.

13. Sasha says:

I love “warm” snow. You can actually have a blast without feeling chilled to the bone and like your fingers are going to break off through your gloves.

14. Pam says:

It is FREEZING today in the Nation’s Capital (yes, that’s how you spell it - “o” is the building). This weekend, though? Supposed to be in the 50’s. What is a girl to wear?

15. Kini says:

We got that same snow storm here in Michigan overnight of New Year’s Eve into New Year’s Day (and then another 6 inches)! It was warm and beautiful and quiet and perfect.

Then, Canada shared its cold air with us and it was MINUS 5 degrees (F) this morning while waiting for the bus to arrive…

I’m freezing… there was mention of a funeral pyre?

16. Cheryl M. says:

Oh, it looks so cold, but so much fun! The middle pic is so neat :))

I love his hat.
    It was really cold and windy here in Ga. yesterday, but today is kind of warm. It should be 65 by the weekend, though.

18. Heidi says:

I grew up in the north and now live in the south. I would kill for snow that deep in my front yard!!

19. Gretchen says:

Oh my boys would be so jealous if I let them see your blog. They hate it here where it “never snows” (nevermind that it did snow in the weeks before Christmas). They have many false memories of how much snow we used to get at our old house. It really didn’t snow that much more, but the snow did last longer because it was COLDER up there! I like it better here LOL

20. Lisa Lisa says:

I’m so Jealous!!! That’s it I’m taking my kids up to Lake Tahoe to play in the snow! Only about an hour and a half away, but still jealous because I have to drive to get to where there is snow.

21. kal says:

Dammit… I want your snow.

22. BetteJo says:

Chicago has about a foot, but my kids no longer play in the snow - I just have to worry about them driving in it now. I liked snow more when they played in it.

23. Stephanie says:

I am actually JEALOUS of all your pretty white snow, I live in the Southeastern part of the state on the shore and we have NO SNOW!! Not one little flake. We do however have the 8 degree weather and high winds, leading to -10 degree actual feel…
    Send me some SNOW!!

24. Amy H says:

We had flurries here in TN Wednesday. My 3 year old was crying to go play in it. It didn’t even stick! There were some large flakes for about an hour!! Where did you find that adorable hat?

25. cristen says:

I’d love to see some snow myself. None here in MS. None to stick since Feb. 2004, I think it was. Damn global warming.

26. Anna says:

I LOVE that picture of Miles with the snow almost as tall as he is. That is exactly how I remember growing up in Vermont…snow up to my chest as we all tried to make our way to school (and home again for lunch and then back to school again…but that’s another story!) I am quite looking forward to spring…I am so OVER winter.

27. Mary W says:

It’s going to be 80° here today. Margaritas on the patio at 6?

28. amy says:

I’ve had snows in my childhood that looked and felt like that. Wonderful!

29. Girlymom4 says:

Ours all melted over the weekend- weird for Michigan January. I love the pic with her tongue out catching snowflakes- nice to know it can’t be yellow snow!! :)