The Only Good Thing About Winter

Too late to back out.

DSC_00431

Going…

DSC_00441

Going…

DSC_00451

Gone. And there he sat inside the tube waiting for someone to pull him back up.

pulled1

And with dimples like that who can refuse. Well actually I can because I was at the top of hill and not about to walk all the way down. But other people can’t resist.

Comments

1. BetteJo says:

If I was at the bottom going up, yeah, I’d have to grab him and take him up. And I’d have to give those adorable cheeks a squeeze at the top! Such a sweetie!

2. Christy says:

“And with dimples like that who can refuse.”

You summed it up all right there. Dimples have been the downfall of many many folks!

Where did you get the tiny helmet? I can’t find one for my daughter.

3. Mommy mommy says:

Do you really make him wear a helmet to sled? I have never seen that before!!!

Chris says: We were sledding at a camp and they make you wear the helmets. The hill is much steeper than it looks in the photos.

4. kathleen says:

I’m going to look for a helmet like that…. my daughter has had 2 concussions in the last year….we need a good helmet!!!

5. Stephanie says:

OMG…he is so cute!

As for the helmet, I am a grown up, and I got a serious concussion while I was snowboarding on a sledding hill two years ago, so bad that I was hospitalized. I wasn’t wearing a helmet; I do now. Helmets are nothing to be scoffed at.

6. bombaygirl says:

Nice! I would wait at the bottom of the hill too! Take advantage of being cute, and the baby! I noticed the helmet too…what a great idea.

7. julie@lovelaughter&laundry says:

I agree, those dimples are hard to resist.

8. Sophia says:

Looks like big fun. Those dimples are too cute.

Nice! I have a dimple, maybe my husband and kids’ll drag my butt up the hill. Yeah, probably not.

He is so cute! The helmet is a great idea. We used to go sledding as kids in New England and come home with crazy injuries.

11. t in hd says:

So, I’m not the only crazy mum who wants her kids in helmets when they sled? Honestly, when you think about it, sledding is as potentially dangerous as bike riding. We took the kids sledding after Christmas while visiting friends and I really wanted them in helmets. The hill was long and steep and the snow was packed down into slick ice, in places it was bare, frozen earth. The kids would go flying down the hill on their sleds at truly frightening speeds, generally ending in a spectacular crash. It really made me crazy to watch it. Unfortunately, we were hundreds of kilometres away from home and their bike helmets.

Doesn’t that look like fun!
    When Peep was about 4 we went sledding like that in Colorado. We made him wear a helmet, too. Good because the snow and ice are way slippery and the hill was way steeper than we thought.

13. Burgh Baby's Mom says:

That first picture? Slays me. Much too cute.

Thanks for the great idea on wearing helmets to sled! IF I can get my Toddler to ever step foot in the white stuff (that’s a very big if–she hates snow, good thing we live in Pennsylvania where she’ll NEVER have to deal with it), she’s wearing a helmet. I used to stumble home with all sorts of injuries from sledding when I was a kid.

He is just too cute!! I’d have pulled him up the hill if he’d have blessed me with a look at those dimples!! Let me just say I’m envious. We moved up here partially so we could get some nice winter weather, and wouldn’t you know it, here in Jersey it hasn’t given us enough snow or cold weather to last long enough for my kids to go sledding!!!

15. Jane says:

That looks excellent fun though I would have been way too chicken as a child to do it, and indeed still am now. My children on the other hand would think they were in heaven somewhere like that. So much so that I’m not even going to show them the pictures or they’ll go on about it forever.

16. Lisa says:

He is just about the most adorable three year old little boy I’ve ever seen! (Easier for me to say since I’ve only got girls!)

17. {heather} says:

Hahaha, oh he is so freakin cute!!! :)

18. Finn says:

I’d like to think that Miles spent his entire time there just sitting in that tube, going down, getting pulled back up, going down, getting pulled back up, over and over again…never once having to actually get out of it :) And I really wish that I could sled with your big kids on that hill - I am a sledding maniac and I bet they were a blast out there!

Chris says: That is exactly it. He never got out of the tube. Spoiled much?

19. All Adither says:

I’d like to watch TV in that tube.

20. Ruth H says:

He’s really cute but for your own protection you’ve gotta teach that kid how much fun it is to pull that thing back up the hill! ;D

21. Brandi says:

You need some milk and a spoon to gobble that cuteness up, swoon!

22. Brandi says:

Oh yeah, and as my husband and I say about our own young sons, “if they weren’t cute, we’d kill them”, it must be a survival trait.

23. crockpot lady says:

*love* the helmet idea—we only go to the snow a few times a year and I’m always petrified. Totally packing the bike helmets next weekend.
    can’t believe I’ve never thought of that…

24. rachel says:

BG is wildly jealous of the tube!

I love sledding, but I’m mostly jealous of Miles’ ride up the hill! ;)

great pictures!

25. Erin says:

Hey, I worked at that camp! It’s so exciting to see pictures from there, because that was 4 years ago, and I live on the OPPOSITE side of the country. I spent the best summer at my life at CJ, but no matter how many times I flashed my dimples, I could never get anyone to carry me up that hill to the dining hall. Guess I need to take pointers from Miles! And what a brave boy, because that is indeed a BIG hill!

26. amy says:

Poor little fella, probably couldn’t get his tiny hiney OUT of the tube on his own!! Very cute :)

27. Kasey says:

Way to protect his noodle, a bump could send that cutie flying! I busted my head at the bottom of a mountain after snowboarding and I only wished I had a helmet, instead I got a slight concussion. What fun this looks like, we don’t get to do this in Texas. Well unless we actually get a freeze, then people are pulling people behind their trucks on anything that can be ridden, really safe aren’t we?!

P.S. I’m still sharing your “It’s not Jesus. It is just me, your favorite Miles.” Story!

28. elizabeth says:

I think helmets are a wise idea, certainly a requirement for one with such adorable dimples! A friend broke his leg this winter sledding with his kids - the hill is great/scary but some of the *obstacles* at the bottom are iffy…it’s at a water plant. Go figure…

29. SouthernBelle says:

Those of us in the South will have to live through your awsome pictures!

30. Maine Mom says:

That looks like so much fun! I love his unsure look before he goes down the hill.

31. Mary W says:

OMG all that snow makes me shiver but he is too cute.

My four year old is spoiled the same way. He had his brothers pushing him on the swing today so he could go “HIGHER RIGHT NOW!”

32. Marlee says:

I KNEW I wasn’t crazy when I told my husband our kids should have helmets! HA! :)

33. jody says:

The picture of tiny Miles on the fence makes me want to squeeze him!

Looks like so much fun.

34. Heather B. says:

Did I mention that I might go to CT next weekend since there seems to be more snow there than there is here? And because I must snowshoe or else my ass will never be able to have quarters bounce off of it.

35. Isabel Kallman says:

da best.

36. dynamitt says:

oh this bring back lots of great memories from my childhood. I had a dad who would pull me up any hills :)

37. Steph says:

I took my guys sledding last weekend and around here helmets are common! There is even a store across the street (little in and out mart) that sells helmets for kids and adults. There were 3 fatal sledding accidents last year and all could have probably been prevented by a helmet! I’m glad your kids are wearing them!

On a side note, Miles and spoiled like my little guy. He gets the older boys to drag him up the hill. Problem is, he’s 3 and they are only 5 and 6 years old. They don’t seem to mind though. (Good thing because I don’t want to walk my butt down that hill to get him!) They each grab a handle and both pull at the same time. Every now and then they let go 1/2 way down the hill but that’s ok my little guy doesn’t mind!

38. Girlymom4 says:

I just love your pictures! I would pull those dimples around all day…if I wasn’t a cold weather wimp. He is just precious! What a fun day.