Leaving the Library

Leaving the Library

January 31, 2008

Leaving the Library

with a book tucked under his arm. The fact that we already own this book would not deter Miles from checking it out.

Comments

1. She Likes Purple says:

Mike (my husband) will put movies on our Netflix queue that we own.

2. debbie says:

What a great Mom you are for letting Miles get a book HE wanted. We eventually want to see a of Miles with high school books under his arm and then college books. Your pictures of unique moments we all take for granted are great.

3. Hoosiermama says:

My son does the same thing. He has read every Frog & Toad book repeatedly. Hey, at least he likes to read :)

4. Carla Robinson says:

Oh, we LOVE that book :-) Great choice, Miles!!
    Hey, at least your library is not in the habit of getting rid of old books! Mine routinely goes through the books and anything since 1970 gets tossed! Horrible!

5. suburbancorrespondent says:

Yes, the library version is always better.

6. Cara says:

Oh, no, Mom. We don’t own THIS one. We just own one that looks just like it and has the same title. But, THIS one is much better. Kind of like the food on your plate is much better than the one on mine, even though it came out of the same pot. :)

Ahhh, nothing like the smell of a well-loved children’s library book. I used to work in a children’s library and loved seeing the tiny ones with their new books. But there was one family who were voracious readers but they also had a great love of cats. More than once their books were returned with tiny bits of cat poo and hair inside. I don’t even want to know how that happened…

8. Jean says:

I love his sneakers!!!

As for the book, like my librarian said just yesterday….”as long as they’re reading….”

9. RuthWells says:

My kids do the same thing — god love ‘em!

10. Chandra says:

LOL. Too funny.

11. Jamie says:

My kids do this, too. Glad I’m not alone!

12. Mary W says:

Joey does the same thing because he “knows what he likes”

13. Kate says:

Funny…I just went to the library yesterday and loaded up on over a dozen books for my husband and I to read during our flight and trip next week. I finished one already last night, haha.

14. shannon says:

my 3 yo does this as well. or finds the book or video we donated to the library (cause we were watching/reading it) and takes THAT one home again. aigh

15. shannon says:

that is we were NOT watching it. so we donated it

16. Jen says:

Since we started homeschooling, we live at the library. It is the greatest source of our children’s education. They get to pick out books they want to bring home, and then there is the pile I bring home to focus in on a subject they have shown interest in.

17. bombaygirl says:

My daughter left the library with a book she really wanted…a Mercedes Lackey fantasy book (no pictures, but I guess the cover really captiviated her!). She wouldn’t put it down even when I was putting her in the car seat, and fell asleep with it on the way home.

18. Girlymom4 says:

Oh at least there is a love of reading!

My daughter picks out a book weekly from school, she keeps bringing the same one home…the longest most boring book in the library. I told her that she might want to pick a new one because she is “hogging” I mean reading this one so much- that someone else isn’t getting a turn and that is called “selfish” I mean not very nice :) Ha.

19. Emily says:

when I took my preschoolers to the public library, at least one of them per trip would INSIST on getting a book already in our classroom library. One little girl would only get books that she already had at home (and of course knew that she liked!), much to her mother’s dismay. They just never saw the reasoning behind getting a surprise book.