This Looks Familiar

This Looks Familiar

February 1, 2008

Multi tasking

I’m busy, busy, dreadfully busy
You’ve no idea what I have to do.
Busy, busy, shockingly busy
Much, much too busy for you.

Comments

1. Not the Mama says:

LOL! I love it. I’m sure, someday, that scene will play itself out at my kitchen table as well.

2. lizinsumner says:

Did you write the poem?? Because I love it. I’m going to type it up with fanciful embellishments as a sign and post it over my desk at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris says: No, it is a veggie tales song. Once you listen to the song it will be stuck in your head all day. I can’t stop singing it.

3. Annette says:

Like mother, like daughter? Too cute!

4. Headless Mom says:

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, does it?

Too cute!

5. Lori says:

oh, Madam Blueberry. Well I guess it is in her genetic makeup!

6. Brandi says:

What are they eating? It’s their breakfast, I assume(?), but I don’t know what it could be. Something high-fiber? Brown sugar? Gluten free? What? What?! I’m dying of curiosity here!

Chris says: It is banana nut “cake”, basically I make muffins but pour it into a rectangular pan because pouring it into muffin tins drive me CRAZY.

7. Lori says:

oops, crap I think I got the wrong character in my former comment…lol

8. Melanie says:

Like mother, like daughter….I love your blog. You make me laugh out loud. Keep up the great work.

9. Mary says:

I don’t know about anyone else but it looks like there should be a picture and when I hover it says multitasking….. but no picture. Is it just me?

Chris says: yes, I think it is.

10. Angie says:

Love the Veggie Tales reference

11. Carrie says:

And much to busy to eat! Goodness.

12. Joke says:

What are you all eating? It looks good! Is it ginger cake?

13. dcrmom says:

That’s too cute, but I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. It hits close to home here too, trust me.

Chris says: yes, that’s it exactly.

14. karen says:

what are they eating?!

15. Dianna says:

A future blogger! You know you’re going to have to tell us what she’s eating, because it looks good!

16. Gwen says:

Because we’re busy, busy, dreadfully busy
    More than a bumblebee,
    More than an ant,
    Busy, Busy shockingly busy,
    We’d love to help,
    but we can’t.

It is amazing how often I feel that way too.

17. nrp says:

Ack! Now I’ve got that tune stuck in my head all day. Thanks….

18. Jen says:

Looks like my (soon to be) 4 year old daughter… Only, she sits at my computer and puts her hand up in a “talk to the hand” sort of way and says things like; I’m busy, very busy. I can’t talk to you now.

Wonder where she picked that one up??

Like sponges, they are.

19. suburbancorrespondent says:

Hey - can I have one of those?

Chris says: A 4 yr old
    ?

20. Penelope Anne says:

Yeah mine did that too when they had their little toy computers….now they just hover over me and yell when are you going to be done mom.

21. PollyS says:

My love for Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa knows no bounds for what I’ve learned from her. One of her jewels of wisdom is to use either a cookie scoop for mini muffins or an ice cream scoop for larger muffins.
    This is not Earth shattering, but sure has made my life easier. I hate filling muffin tins as you do.

22. Nextcommercial says:

Not I want cake.

I have ALL the vegietales songs stuck in my head now. Thanks.

“We are the pirates, who don’t do…

Anything.

We just stay home…

And lay around.”

23. Girlymom4 says:

This is too cute! I love it~

24. suzanne (joyfulchaos) says:

ouch, man. too close to home!

25. Maine Mom says:

Monkey see, monkey do. :-)

26. Maria says:

Too cute. I love her little girlie self using her little girlie laptop.

27. Bryanne says:

I’m glad you noted where the lyric came from. I would have guessed Shel Silverstein!

Great photo of a great moment!

28. Jenny says:

It’s hereditary. That’s why my three year old is drinking a cocktail right now. Actually it’s more like a fruity wine cooler. Which is good because kids need fruit.

29. AngelaS says:

Well shoot–now I can’t remember which Veggie Tales it is! It’s the good Samaritan one, with the boots and pots on their heads and dang…. it’s escaping me!

I think my all time favorite line is: “I wanted to play Mousetrap. You roll your dice, you move your mice, nobody gets hurt.”

Cute cute photo! Have you whipped her up clothes from your old curtains yet??

30. Deborah says:

I love the song about being busy. I do not know where you know it from, but I know it from a Veggy Tale my son watches. Okay, as I glance up at the last comment, yes, it is the Good Samaritan Veggy Tale. I love all the VeggyTales. And I think your blog is just too cool. I am glad you are just not too busy to keep us up to date with your life. She’s such a cutie there working on her ?laptop? toy? Happy Weekend.

31. ChristieNY says:

Absolutely adorable pic! :-)

My 4 yr old is watching Madame Blueberry as I type this and the Stuff-Mart song is on. We haven’t seen ‘Are You My Neighbor’ in, oh, a day or two.

Alas, now I’ve got that chorus between Archibold and the doctor playing in my head, “Busy, busy, dreadfully busy…”.

Thanks, Chris. ;)

32. debby says:

Too precious!

33. Joan says:

Adorable! And, if I may ask, what is she keeping busy on? I have a son who is trying to tear my computer apart (a key here, a mouse there, oh, who misses it?) and this looks like the perfect distraction for the oh-too-busy-toddler. Thanks, keep up the beautiful pics!

34. t in hd says:

He he, another mum tortured by a Veggie Tales tune! That one must be my bloody theme song.

35. Cary says:

Yes my just turned 3yr old son tells me, “Mommy, I have to go check my emails.” in a very exasperated tone.

36. lizinsumner says:

Well, we have lots of Veggie Tales, and we even have Madame Blueberry (I’m so blu-hoo-hoo blu-hoo-hoo blu-hoo-hoo-hoo), but I don’t remember the busy song, so I guess I’ll have to find it and watch it again. Only it’s on VHS and ever since we got the Hi-Def TV, all of the VHS stuff looks like crap on the screen and it would cost me hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars to replace all of the VHS stuff with DVD and I’m too cheap……and with my luck, as soon as I would buy the LAST DVD, they would come out with something else (nothing but BLUE-RAY would be available, or something like that!!) and I don’t think that they’re ever going to STOP THE MADNESS so that I can get off (the carousel, in case any of you were thinking of something INAPPROPRIATE instead!!)…..{{{sigh!!!}}} maybe I’ll just go buy the DVD of Madame Blueberry instead. Or, I could head over to Itunes and see if the song is there, maybe???!!!!!! Because now you all have me too curious over the song……so it’s all you guys’ fault…….

I knew I was in trouble when I caught my 2-year-old on my computer a couple weeks ago. She looked up at me and said, “I doing my work!”

38. Jen says:

I was just going to comment about the cake too! Glad I’m not the only one who thinks that looks totally yummy! You gonna give up the recipe goodness?