The Super Bowl

The Super Bowl

February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Viewing

Judging by the way we are all watching the tv with rapt attention it can only be a commercial.

Also, should you decide to tivo the game, so you can pause and eat snacks, drink punch, whatever the case may be, just remember to add lots of extra time onto the end of the recording or else you will miss the end of the game. Uh-huh. The accusations were not pretty. And it was all my fault. I said 30 minutes extra was PLENTY of time. Ooooops.

Comments

1. QALBALLAH says:

I hope they forgive you soon

2. KarenK says:

Oh No!
    I’ve done that.
    Gonzaga U (local team) basketball game.
    Tied with 35 seconds left in the second overtime.
    Cut to Mythbusters. Wah? This is NOT basketball!!

Now we add 1 1/2 hrs minimum to all sporting events.
    I feel your pain! :)K

3. Staci says:

It appears your missing some children. I bet you’re making them clean their rooms aren’t you…you evil mother you. :)

Chris says: The baby was in bed and my 8 yr old was taking the photo. All the rest are accounted for :-)

4. suburbancorrespondent says:

Ouch - the end was rather, um, pivotal this year, wouldn’t you say?

5. She Likes Purple says:

I can never remember that with awards shows or even LOST (which always runs over… why?) so I always miss the best parts of things, too.

6. Sarah says:

I would have thought 30 minutes would have been enough, too. I had to “watch” it on ESPN’s GameCast though so I didn’t get to “see” any of it!

7. Cindy says:

I forgive you!

Then again, we used the DVR to record it to actually watch the commercials and NOT the game! Heh. How’s that for backwards?

8. Erin says:

I love how one of the boys (your 10 year old?) is nestled up to his mama! He definitely looks like a cuddler. Such a sweet photo..your family is lovely!

Your photos are so much fun to look at. You have an amazing gift!

9. Heather's Garden says:

First Superbowl? I can’t remember one that didn’t run over by at least an hour. I was rather suprised that last night we got to House within 45 minutes of when it was scheduled to begin. It was a great game. So nice to see the Patriots go down!

Chris says: You know what I just realized….it was our first super bowl with tivo! Now I feel like I have an excuse.

10. halloweenlover says:

Look how AWESOME your room looks! I can’t believe how much work you guys have done! I love the painting on the wall too. Beautiful! The room just looks super cozy and warm.

11. mike golch says:

If there is one thing that I have learned no matter what the sport baseball,football,basketball.or even dare I say it golf,the one consistant thing is that it will go over.

12. Diana says:

Don’t you just hate that when just at the pivotal moment the recording runs out.

Our DVR lost the last two minutes. We even planned ahead and record three shows after the Superbowl (my husband likes House anyways) and the stupid thing still did some goofy jump and the next thing we saw was the Giants celebrating on the field. Oh well, go Giants!

14. Diane says:

The good news (I guess) is that the highlights of the last two minutes are available on YouTube, and other places on the ‘net. It really isn’t the same - I don’t rountinely watch the game, and only flipped over to see if there was any chance House would be on around nine - the last two and a half minutes of play were *all* I saw!

15. Jeni T says:

So totally unrelated - but i love that tree picture above the couch. Where’d you get it? :)

Chris says: Thank you. I painted it.

16. Kristen says:

Chris,
    Are those storage ottomans? Do you like them? Where from? Any advice for toy storage in the “family” space would be much appreciated! I feel like I’m drowning in Fisher Price…

Chris says: Yes they are. I bought them at Overstock a year or so ago. I have our throw blankets in them.

17. k says:

Can you please tell me how you manage to homeschool seven kids and still look so young? You’re really starting to annoy me, now. :o)

18. Busy Mom says:

I mean, who knew, though?

When was the last time a Super Bowl ending mattered?

19. ChristieNY says:

Aw bummer!

Beautiful room, beautiful family, beautiful picture. :)

20. Penelope Anne says:

You are still alive, so that is a good sign.
    I didn’t think the commercials were all that exciting the Justin Timberlake one was funny, and we wanted to see Richard Simmons hit by the car, but the Etrade baby was a hoot.
    The end of the game was the climax of it all, I’m not that big of a fan, especially when it isn’t the Packers, but to miss the last bit of this game was not good.

Will you have to buy candy to make up for it?

21. Girlymom4 says:

Oh No~ the end was the best part!

22. Erin says:

Love the handy side table with the shelf for baskets. Where is it from?

P.S. Just found your blog this week - too funny - with a 2 year old girl, I especially enjoyed the old post about “my china.”

Chris says: IKEA.