Even Super Heroes Need A Break

Even Super Heroes Need A Break

February 11, 2008

Even Super Heroes Take a Break

from jumping on the furniture that is.

Comments

1. Anna says:

How do you get anything done with such a cute boy in the house? Must be hard to stop snuggling that little superhero.

2. Natalie says:

This is such a cute photo!

3. Fancypants Jenn says:

But of course! He is an absolute doll.

My daughter is obsessed with jumping on the furniture and now she has our 16 month old doing it, since he learned how to climb. Yesterday I found him on top of the table about to make a daredevil jump onto the couch screaming “Momma jump, Jump, JUMP. Momma JUUUUUMMMP!! He then proceeded to trip, fall off the table, somersault onto the floor and erupt into little baby laughter. Because, you know, bruises are cool as long as momma has a heart attack.

This is why I drink.

Love that Batman cape.

5. Paula says:

I am delurking to say…1) this is an adorable pic, 2) firefox wants me to change delurking to metalworking ;-) and 3) we thought our cape was missing and yesterday I went to pull out a pair of my underwear and it was the cape!

6. Angella says:

I love this shot!

7. Sleeping Mommy says:

I am convinced that Miles and Ben would get along famously.

8. Julie Stiles Mills says:

It’s really not fair that your coffee table is clear. I’ve got to go find my kitchen counter now.

9. Cary says:

I am usually the protection of Spiderman at the grocery store in case the veggies get out of hand.

10. cheyenne says:

that your house is clean is phenomenal. that you still have enough wits about you to make me laugh out loud is unconscionable. i admire you so much that i actually hate you a little bit…:)

11. Rachel says:

Funny you should post this, I took plenty of pictures tonight (link from my name) of my little man doing the same thing! Our coffee table is long gone in favor of more running room, and he piles the pillows up to jump into. Very cute, love his shirt!

12. Victoria says:

He’s just waiting for the bat signal!

13. Bronnie says:

Cute!
    Wow, such beautiful, big windows! I love that style of windows.

14. Daniella says:

about your always-super-clean house: can you please reassure me that it is really trashed outside the photoframe? Please!!!

15. Emma says:

I want to pick him up and eat him.

I have a question - how is there not stuff piled up on that coffee table????

I mean, how do you DO that?

16. Maeana says:

My boys got the same outfit in September. Superman too. Ok, we also picked up a spideman to go along w/ the outfits grandma got them. They literally live in them. This is the first year all of our jammies have worn out. Knees are completely gone. Their wardrobe full of actual clothes however, next year the hand-me-downs will be in pristine shape. When homeschooling, math is done just as easily in comfy jammies as in jeans.

17. Maeana says:

Oh, and its not the coffee table that I find so impressive (all lower surfaces have pretty much been cleared in our home), as the bookshelf. Do you see how straight all those books are? I love that my boys help clean, but I cannot get them to put the books back on the shelf looking the way they should.

18. Rachel says:

For everyone that’s wondering about the coffee table…

Since I’m just a dork like that, I remember a post on the other blog about aesthetically pleasing toy storage. This coffee table is actually a trunk I think, so the top would need to stay reasonably empty to open it.

Chris says: Yes it is toy storage. All the Imaginext castle and pirate ship pieces live inside.

19. PopMom says:

How long before he fizzled out? My daughter hit 30 minutes the other day…back and forth - back and forth running the length of the couch and bumping into me again and again singing the same song.

What great light that room must get with a wall of windows!

20. zarlyng says:

Hi Chris-

I know you’ve answered this question before, but I can’t find the post.

What type of camera are you using?

Thanks!

Chris says: Nikon D40x

21. Melanie says:

Beautiful shot… but I have a question. Do you not have any window treatments in your house?

Chris says: Not in every room

22. LMT says:

Those windows are fantastic! The boy is pretty great too.

23. Eva says:

Chris where did you find such a great table- I am looking for that exact kind of a table. My house doesn’t have any storage space and I look for creative “storage” spaces wherever I can find them. —- Very cute picture- I don’t understand how you do it all- You are my hero.

Chris says: It is 15 years old and was bought at a tag sale.

24. Norma says:

I love your house.

25. Girlymom4 says:

I agree with some of the above commenters~ where do you stash the trash? You house is always clean… I struggle with the clutter. The things that are in lingo, don’t want to keep them, but can’t get rid of them yet…

26. arduous says:

Chris, are you a real person, because how in the hell you have time to cook from scratch, write all these blogs, home school 7 children, take amazing pictures, and keep your house that freaking clean is beyond me!!

Do you ever sleep?

Love the windows! And don’t you wish we had as much energy as the kids do?

28. Penelope Anne says:

Absolutely adorable, love how he is pondering the weather, probably plotting his next adventure :)