Miles Makes Lunch

Miles Makes Lunch

February 15, 2008

Miles Makes Lunch from chris on Vimeo.

I have watched it about 10 times now and the end still makes me laugh.

You know you wish he could make you a sandwich.

Comments

1. Diandra says:

I love the child that’s asking if you’ll “re-do the sandwiches”. Definitely my favorite part.

2. Rae says:

“Okay, gimme a cweamy!” Man, that’s just the best ever. I love how she tried so hard to intervene but he was determined.

3. So shoe me - dani says:

I love it. Best sandwitch making line I ever heard was back when I used to babysit. The little girl said she could make her own sandwich. I turned my back for a bit and when I turned back the bread was in 5 or 6 pieces with peanut butter on it. She looked said and said “This must just be really rippy bread.” Rippy bread. I love it.

4. dynamitt says:

*smiles* yeah I wish he could make me one, but I need to be able to choose the spread.

5. Kate says:

He could make me a sandwich any time,so cute!!

6. Kate says:

peanut butter, honey, strawberry jam - no wonder the bears show up at your house!

my favorite part is when he decrees “that’s enough!”

7. theloudcorral says:

that cracked me up. i would like honey and peanut butter please! he is adorable

8. Alissa says:

so so cute.

9. Beth B. says:

oh that was hilarious; i have not yet been brave enough to let my 4-yr old make his own sandwich; somehow i fear we’d end up with a peanut-butter coated kitchen and it’d never come clean. anyway - thanks for sharing; that really made me smile this afternoon. i love how he gave up on the honey (i would have too, man, that was taking way too long) and just did the two dabs of strawberry jam. sooooo funny - but we love ‘em don’t we??!!

Beth B. (tired mommy to an early-risin’ 4 yr old)

10. Jenn says:

Darling! Although all I could think is how much peanut butter was going to be EVERYWHERE!!!!

11. Angie says:

I can’t believe how clean the table looks the whole time!

12. Grace says:

Miles was so careful as he prepared that sandwich. And your other kids were so patient as he moved meticulously to get the job done. Love it!

13. amanda says:

delurking to say this is the cutest thing I’ve seen all day!

14. Wendy says:

I love your son in the background being so patient. How bad did he want to snag that knife and make his sandwich? LOL!!

15. Stephanie says:

I love it. Especially the part where he says “that’s enough” when he puts a dime’s worth of strawbawry on the sandwich. So cute.

Chris says: YES! That is the part that cracks me up every time.

16. Nextcommercial says:

That would have gone better if you had more than a half ounce of honey in that giant honey bottle. He waited longer than most pre-schoolers would have.

I like chunky peanut butter too!

17. maddy says:

Awwww… very sweet.

18. ashley says:

awwww.

how cute!!!! i want a peanutbutter-honey-jelly sandwich!

19. Sarah says:

LOL Oh man … “I’m good at making your sammich!” I love it!
    Mom? Are you going to redo these sammiches when he’s done? (Did you?)

20. Lilly says:

Thank-you! I laughed out loud. Everyone was so patient while Miles made the sandwich and he’s so confident! Loved seeing and hearing this.

21. Jeana says:

“Okay, gimme a cweamy,” is my favorite line, too. Although, “I wike chunky,” is right up there, too. Too cute!

22. Meredith says:

Chris, you’re going to have to show a few snippets of life with this kid being ornery. I’m pregnant with my first child now and Miles has me wishing for a boy! I even tried the name Miles on my Hubby, but he said that he’d be afriad that our Miles just wouldn’t be as funny as yours!!!

Happy weekend all!

23. Cathy says:

Ohhhhh, so cute, and you’ve got it on video which is even better. Really made me laugh.

24. Haley says:

I love that everyone else is watching while Miles does the work! No wonder he needs sled rides, he’s the official sandwich maker!

25. Anna says:

They’re adorable! I feel for your daughter, he’s awfully stingy. ;)

26. Cate says:

WHERE did you GET his T-Shirt?!

27. Rachel May says:

LOL! That is one adorable family, Chris. Thanks for sharing!

And I would TOTALLY take a sandwich from him, HOWEVER he wanted to make it!

28. Control-freak says:

I sooooooo wanted to take that knife and help with the PB–and microwave the honey! I’ve got a brood too–when they make sandwiches, I just leave the room. It is much happier that way! :)

Did Miles make all the sandwiches?

Chris says: No he made two. The first one that I didn’t video him making but is sitting there next to him unwanted. And this one. He actually ate both of them himself. Other people wanted more than a drop of peanut butter or jelly on there bread.

29. Jaime says:

LOL!!! I will take two!
    How cute.

30. nancy alv. says:

Their voices are the cutest!

31. Fancypants Jenn says:

Wow… I don’t think I could be patient enough to let my kids make me a sandwich. Sometimes I have to just bite my lip and hold myself back to let them do things on their own. Probably one of the hardest things that I have had to do as a parent.

The level of cuteness in your house is overwhelming. Love it!

32. Kris says:

I swear I heard him say “making a scrammich.” LOL!

33. genpoco says:

And the t-shirt is the clincher! Your “Mmmmm’s” were really convincing ..lol!

34. Gretchen says:

Oh my gosh, can he come here and make me a sandwich? He is so good at it! BTW my 3 yo would just love to get his hands on a knife LOL.

I love where he says, “I’m good at makin’ swanwiches!” My kids like to praise themselves too.

Oooh I’m hungry for a Miles sandwich LOL He is just so cute!

35. Tina says:

“I WIKE CHUNKY.” I absolutely LOVE his voice. He sounds like a grumpy cook at a greasy spoon diner. What a doll.

36. kate says:

the asking about the redo is hysterical. So is the thats enough and my all time favorite is your daughter when she is clearly upset that Miles did not put enough strawberry on for her.

Your kids are all a riot.

37. Shannon says:

I would totally let him make me a sandwich. I wike the chunky also.

38. t in hd says:

Their accents are so cute! And the size of that jar of peanut butter! I’m so jealous.

39. salsaqueen says:

I’m a cweamy gurl too! And dh is chunky…peanut butter that is…not him personally!

Love the t-shirt. “Trouble is my middle name!” Your kids always seem to have the cool clothes!

40. jen says:

Priceless! Making me hungry, too! ;)

41. Brigitte says:

I love your daughter’s complaining (and yet still cute) face at the end!

42. kim at allconsuming says:

I wike chunky too.

43. {heather} says:

He is just so cute, so so cute. I also love the “Okay, gimme a cweamy!” :)

44. jody says:

When he says gimmie the cweamy I melted.

Maybe if they talked like this when they were 13 things would be easier.

45. Karate Mom says:

OK, I’ve now determined that I need to let go and let my kids make their sandwiches. Because, as much as I want the PB to be spread JUST SO, and the jelly to be evenly matched up to the edges, seeing them do that on their own would be so great!
    Also, I must say that I’m impressed with the patience of the other kids!

46. Alisa says:

That is too cute for words. What really amazed me is your daughter just caving like that. For my daughter, it would have been an all out war. And she’s 10!

47. Dawn says:

“Okay, gimme a cweamy!” Miles sounds so cute when he says that, as if he’s a world-weary short-order cook saying, “These customers! Never Satisfied!”

48. Leigh says:

I love it! My three-year-old keeps asking to make his own sandwich and I haven’t had the courage yet. Now I may have to let him try…and tape it, of course! LOL

49. Laurie says:

I wish I had even half of your patience, Chris! Time and time again, your kids get to learn fun stuff and try everything out just to see what happens. I can never imagine how you do such cool things with many children around, but it’s really because of your patience and how you’ve passed it on to all of them. Such an appreciation for children and learning.

50. Rebecca says:

Did we hear Miles say his sister’s name? You’re so secretive with the rest of them ;)

51. Melissa says:

O.K…..I’ve had the worst day (because of sick, grumpy DH), but that was soooo funny I’m now not-so-grumpy. I’m NOT not-so-grumpy enough to let Trey loose with the peanut butter and honey (and in case I forget, Stwawberry jam), but very cute to watch in someone else’s kitchen-LOL!

52. Keri says:

I LOVED when he said “I am really good at making sandwiches”.

53. Elaine says:

Yeah, I am too impatient for the honey too! I just had dinner a little bit ago but I can ALWAYS eat a PB&J - thanks for making me hungry again Miles! LOL!

Very CUTE!

I wike chunky, too. But the Cweamy was precious.

55. Law Student Hot Mama says:

He IS really good at making sandwiches! Good for him! I prefer my sandwiches sort of ripped apart with a microscopic particle of jelly . . .

56. Penny says:

Oh Chris!! That was adorable…I love it “that’s enough” LOLOLOLOLOL!!
    Very precious!
    God bless!

57. stacie says:

My four-year-old wandered over to watch this with me, and observed in all earnestness, “He’s very good at spreading.”

58. Sue says:

Oooh, I could eat him up!! The sandwich, not so much, but the boy - well, he looks delicious!! :-)

59. Pamela says:

This is a really outdated reference, I know, but Miles sounds JUST like Chunk from the Goonies. He has such a deep grovelly voice for a little guy! Thanks for sharing.

60. brookem says:

i really wish miles’ long sleeve tee came in my size, its so cute! i recently discovered that the boys department is an excellent source of oxford work shirts, but i think i might be a little too curvy for the tees.