Tuesday, or Titles Are Too Difficult

Tuesday, or Titles Are Too Difficult

March 18, 2008

Over at Work It, Mom, Pasta with Chicken and Roasted Pepper Pesto Sauce:

DSC_0030

So good and so easy to make.

A lot of times I will be telling Susan about something I have made for dinner and she will ask if she could make it. And so I have developed a Susan Scale, which rates the difficulty of meal preparation from a 1 to a 5. 1 means that it is easy enough for Susan and small children to accomplish. 5 means that Susan should just admire the photo and consider ordering something similar next time she goes out to eat.

This meal rates a 1.

Over at Parenting you can read about karma biting me in the ass.

Here is a hint:

DSC_0002-1_edited-1

I also have just realized in what could be called something of a panic, that I have not done ONE thing for Easter. Not one.

Comments

1. Kat @ The Burb Blog says:

That food does look delicious!

2. suburbancorrespondent says:

A “1″ rating sounds good to me. I’m heading over there. Thanks!

Ham in the fridge and jellybeans hidden in my underwear drawer. I’m ready!

3. Sue says:

That looks yum! I can handle a 1. And it looks like my kids would eat it.

I gave up non-essential shopping for Lent (you inspired me, but there’s no way I could manage a whole year of this!)… I had a similar realization - no Easter grass, candy, clothing. Ack. If I had been making my every-other-day trips to Target, I would have bought all this stuff by now! (But I did get all the essentials yesterday in under 2 hours. So all is good again.)

4. MJ says:

I’m home with a sick child today. And I refrained from saying to anyone that my children hadn’t been sick all winter. But maybe I thought it too loudly.

BTW, is one supposed to do “things” for Easter? Oh, you mean chocolate eggs/bunnies/baskets, etc. I was hoping a short stop at the local drugstore might suffice.

Chris says: Yes, things like jelly beans, chocolate, and whatever.

5. Angela says:

The kitchen and I are barely coming out of a strained detente so I decided to try your recipes (something I’ve never done…usually just open a book) and so far they have been a hit. OK, hubby and kid didn’t particularly care for sweet potatoes (curry chicken) but my parents and I LOVED it. They did fall in love w/ the mini meatloaf balls wrapped in bacon (that was a mouthful). Just wanted to let you know that I’m glad your are posting these recipes…thanks.

6. Angela says:

oh…and yes you have (done something for Easter)…you are “thinking” of doing something…that counts!LOL

That looks dee-lish!
    And in a panic I just realized, today, that Easter is Sunday.

8. Leigh says:

Yes, I’m having a mild panic attack about Easter, also. I do have baskets…but I’ve got to come up with a ridiculous amount of filled plastic eggs for two egg hunts and I think I have one pack of twelve. I’m thinking I need to do some shopping.

9. Dea says:

Don’t panic….just celebrate with us Orthodox Christians (and all the Greeks and Russians)!

Orthodox Christian Easter is not until April 27th this year.

10. Lindsay says:

Who has done one thing for Easter this year? Isn’t it like two months early???? Happy Easter all!

11. Friday Playdate » what have I been doing? says:

[...] called me this morning. “I linked to you today,” she said. “So you might want to post [...]

12. nancy alv. says:

ahhhh help wheres the link to parenting LOL!

13. evie says:

ok, so I bought chocolate eggs today. I hope I don’t eat them all before Easter. My husband told me where he hid them!

14. Jen says:

Just went and spent $75 on basket stuff yesterday. I still have winter decorations up around the house. I think Easter should be postponed… especially because it’s still snowing here in NY.

15. Carolyn says:

Just a little info re: Easter and its early arrival this year. The earliest Easter can EVER arrive is March 22, but this year it’s March 23. Take comfort in the fact that the last time Easter fell this early it was 1918 and the next time it falls (on the 23) is 2160…so we won’t have to worry about rushing out last minute for those baskets. It can still fall on March 22, but that won’t happen until 2285 (http://www.snopes.com/holidays/easter/earlyeaster.asp) which again, I ain’t worryin’ over.

That being said…I have one home sick today, I have a field trip to chaperon tomorrow, then the kids are off on Fri for Spring Break. Not sure how I’m gonna work this one out. OY!

16. Jamie says:

I started my panicking last week. Saturday had tornado warnings here, so I did my essential shopping and decided I would do Easter shopping this Saturday. Then I realized Easter was this Sunday and the Easter Bunny comes to our house on Saturday. Luckily DH is taking Friday off, so he can stay with the little ones while I do the bunny shopping. Ugh.

17. kathleen says:

No Corned Beef??

18. Julia says:

I just read your vomit story… and I had to laugh…I am a total puke-aphobe! There is nothing worse then the feeling, smell, sight, sound, thought of puke! My kids are 3 and 6 and THEY KNOW where the toilet is and they KNOW not to tell me about it UNTIL it is done… It is as serious to me as potty training…puke training. Every now and again we have the puked in my bed issue but that is to be expected sometimes…

So i feel your pain and I am so sorry you had to scrub the floor…you have my sympathy!!!

Julie

19. pam says:

not related to this post at all, but I didn’t know how to tell you — the bacon-wrapped meatlof recipe was the best thing ever! My daughter wanted to know who invented it I had to ‘fess up that it wasn’t me. I’m trying the chicken in crockpt thing (with tomatoes and pasta) this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing your cooking goodness and light!

20. Heather J. says:

Thank you.
    No really, THANK YOU.
    Our family has been loving your recipes.

I was unusually remiss in Easter shopping as well. I’m the week after St. Patick’s day……Come on!

21. rachel says:

“Karma smells a lot like bleach”

Best Line Ever!

Hope everyone’s feeling better soon. At least your couch looks comfy!

(ps - I have 0 OCD tendencies, and my kids are usually healthy. knock on wood.)

You know what would be even better than the Susan Scale? If you just came her and cooked for me.

Think about it … I would make cocktails …

23. metalia says:

Yum, that pasta looks fabulous. And that particular shape of pasta (orecchietti? I’m probably butchering the spelling…) is my favorite. :)

24. Boomom says:

The eggs are bought, but have no filler for them yet and NO ideas on said filler ! Have his computer game stashed, but just realized hubby put the basket away last year and I have NO clue where !

25. Maddy says:

Our kids only just went back to school on Feb 1 for the new year and due to this very early Easter they’re on a term break … where has the year gone. I got the eggs last night along with every other person in my town!

Hope the little-fella feels better soon.

26. Anitz says:

Ha! I was introduced to your blog last year at your Easter Dyson episode!!!

I tried the recepie and everyone loved it: my four year old made the pesto and was so proud!

27. becky says:

A Susan Scale. Hahahahah! I love it. :)

28. Friday Playdate » so easy even I can do it says:

[...] back, Chris developed a rating scale for her recipes at Ordering Disorder.  She called it the Susan Scale, and explained it like [...]