Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

April 7, 2008

It was wonderful to be away. And wonderful to be back home. My children all seem to have grown a foot or so while I was away.

Even my 12 year old seems to think this as one of the very first things he said to me when I walked in the door was, “Wow, I am almost the same size as you.”

And I replied, “I can still take you down.” Which is, of course, completely untrue.

Though the next time I go away and buy my kids lollipops the size of their faces beat me over the head with the lollipops until I lose consciousness, okay? When will I learn that some things are much nicer in the store than stuck to the back of my hair as some wild child hopped up on sugar runs by me with a lollipop in their hand.

I can’t write about the J&J trip here, BlogHer Ad Network rules do not allow this, but you can see random photos all over the place. And read about how I visited Alice and kicked her ass. I now know where she lives. $5 will buy you a google map to her house.

I take PayPal.

Comments

1. suburbancorrespondent says:

5 dollars? What a bargain!

2. Robin says:

aw Mom look at that happy face lol Taking paypal good idea!

3. Law Student Hot Mama says:

Those mega lollipops always result in total disaster including but not limited to: sticky handprints, barf, and/or haircuts.

4. Alexis says:

3 year olds with lollipops the size of their heads?? No, no disaster here… A Few days away and your judgment goes out the window.

5. Kerry says:

I am always kicking myself for bringing home something “special” for the kids. There is usually a good reason that we don’t buy such things.

If you can’t write about the JandJ thing, what was the point? It seems like they got a whole boatload of negative publicity, and now blogher’s can’t write about it?!?!?

6. cristen says:

I hate you can’t tell us about the trip! oh well. gotta make some $$.

7. Heather B. says:

You should go away and have an entire weekend where you bruise your ribs laughing at least once a year. In fact I demand it.

8. Jane says:

Awww - that is the cutest lollipop shot ever! The photos look great, you look like you had an amazing time :)

9. Jaime says:

That photo with the caption “my boob itches” made me LOL
    You look great BTW Chris!

10. Dee says:

I like to invite other people’s kids over, feed them, give them a big dessert, and send them home. It’s a cheap thrill but it workds for me.

11. Luann says:

ummm. Do you know all the words to that diddy? I ALWAYS say “home again home again jiggety jog” when we pull in the driveway cuz MY mom always said it. But I have NO idea what the rest of is!

12. The Smirking Cat says:

My stepson is almost as tall as me, and he’s 9. I feel extremely short when he comes up and points out he’s almost as tall as me. I keep telling him I’m going to feed him nothing but coffee to stunt his growth…hey, we’d save on clothes too!

13. lani says:

Well, the main reason for buying these lollipops is because they make great photo ops, don’t ya think. ;) Then they get thrown in the trash when no one is looking. Mine are obviously still at the age where they don’t really notice they’re missing.