In Case You Wondered

In Case You Wondered

April 16, 2008

Gee, Chris, what have you been up to lately?

Rounding Second

My seven year old rounding second base.

From now until September October November The First Measurable Snowfall AFTER Summer I will be keeping myself busy either watching baseball or washing uniforms. Nice to have something to fill my time because the rest of the year I have nothing to do. [/sarcasm]

Comments

1. Steph says:

Oh I know my day is coming where I will be held hostage by all the weekend sports! Hang in there!

2. Heather's Garden says:

At least they don’t play hockey or figure skate. Ice time would have you driving them around at 4am and freezing your butt off watching, though you probably wouldn’t have to sit in the rain!

3. Ani says:

Does it make me a mean mom that I “forgot” about baseball sign-ups???

(Actually he’s more interested in karate anyway)

4. Pam says:

I have nothing to say about baseball (I suffered through 15 years of soccer…) but… have you seen http://www.sarcasma.net yet? Those of us who cannot survive w/o being sarcastic…have found a home!

5. WOW! Women's World says:

Boy, can I relate…football then basketball then baseball and lacrosse…it has come to the point where I mark the seasons by what uniforms I am putting away and what others I am taking out…Julie for WOW!

6. Mom on the Run says:

Hi Chris.
    Phew. So, do you have all of your boys except the little one playing baseball. You must live at the field. I have one playing lacrosse and one playing volleyball and the youngest is taking swim lessons. These sports on top of everything else is enough to make one pray that summer comes quickly.
    I know you homeschool. I would be interestd to hear what activities all your kids do. Are you required to do certain activities outside the home for your homeschool program? Do they play sports for the PE requirement? Music lessons? Art lessons?
    I know that the public schools cover so many activities within the school day. As a homeschooler od you ahve to cover the same things at home.

7. EG says:

Are you tempted to print and frame all photos of your kids? I am, which is why I neglect to print and frame any pictures. And as my husband likes to point out, we’re only on our first kid, so there are going to be more photos and we can’t run out of wall space on our first one.

8. Erin from Graco says:

I feel ya Chris, however I will be washing my fiance’s stinky, dirty t-shirts and shorts, cleaning out a muddy shower and watching a bunch of almost 30 year old men attempt to play baseball. There are more errors in one game than on my senior year math test!! Oh, spring has sprung!
    Oh did I mention the everlasting supply if neosporin and gause I will need to buy? Mom in training….

9. Lacy says:

My 6 year old has that same uniform this year. :) Go Sox!!

10. Mary W says:

Yeah okay I am gonna stop gripping about the smell of chlorine at the pool for competetive skin and thank my lucky stars that the oldest doesn’t like to sweat and the middle boy and younger boy prefer basketball than playing ball in a field In Texas in August

11. jck says:

Right there with you. I alternately look forward to and dread this time of year.

Sigh.

12. jenB says:

Hire HeatherB to be your personal assistant. :-)

Great shot! Teach me!

13. julie says:

I’ll be watching and washing right along with you.

14. Amanda - VintageDutchGirl says:

I have a VERY active toddler… I need to know your expert grass stain removal recipe.

Please :)

15. Antique Mommy says:

We just started T-Ball this spring and I can already tell it’s going to take over my life. Oh sure, it’s cute now….

I’m so glad my oldest didn’t want to do baseball this year. Although I still have 3 others in soccer right now so I still get the sun, rain, bugs, wind, etc. But at least those games end in an hour and a half or less. Unlike kid pitch games that take forever…

17. cce says:

Totally. I hear you. Soccer, baseball and tennis threaten to consume our lives and we’re only in week two of the spring season. And when we finally get home and get fed and get showered there is always a ball game on t.v. with which to contend and conflict with homework and sleep!

18. Dani says:

Oy. I’m there, too. Only I get the extra pleasure of making believe that my husband is the manager for the 13 year old team while I’m silently doing ALL the work in the background. I know one of these days I’m gonna’ accidentally “out” him by signing my name to a coach’s email instead of his.

My secret for keeping the uniforms new-ish: NEVER put them in the dryer(and I normally put everything in the dryer). If you don’t bake in the dirt that didn’t come out in one wash, at least you have a prayer of it possibly coming out in future washes. Oh.. and that Clorox Oxygen stuff with some Shout works wonders.

19. B says:

I didn’t know your son played for the Boston Red Sox. He must really be something. :-)

20. Haley says:

I just started babysitting for a family with three boys. I never completely understand the undertaking of spring sports until this week. If it isn’t soccer practice, it is baseball…if it isn’t sports, it is music, but the excitement of it all is quite enjoyable. At least I’m not in charge of the laundry!

21. Lisa says:

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Michelle says:

I don’t even bother making plans between March and July. My life is spent on an old, uncomfortable bleacher. (unless I remember to bring my old rickety chair!)

23. kellie says:

I feel your pain and live it also. At present time we are juggeling, soccer, baseball, softball and riding lessons and horse shows. I now define my day by ball size.

24. Bubble says:

My six year old plays for the Sox too. And wait until he’s older and wants to play on a competitive traveling AAU team and then you have another child doing the same thing. It’s just best to suck it up and buy 3 sets of uniforms and save your washing machine.
    I DO love little boy baseball though, there’s nothing better. Plus there’s always the concessions stand food.

25. maria says:

Interesting that all you boys chose baseball over soccer. #2 son plays tball and it’s torture - soccer is a much more interesting sport to watch. But he’s got a heart condition that limits his stamina so we’re steering him towards baseball and golf. He’s 6 - we’ll see. Have fun this summer, will enjoy your photos

Chris says: Soccer is primarily a fall sport where I live.

26. tari says:

sorry; don’t feel sorry for you one bit. little kids’ baseball beats major league every time, in my book. and now that my baseball player is 28 and i don’t get to freeze my butt off yelling those little guys into home plate, i miss it like crazy. at least take lots of pictures, which i see you’re doing and so you’ll survive - this life and the next.

27. Rachelle says:

Mine is 11 - after many years of everyday laundry for baseball pants last year I taught him how to do it himself! It is FANTASTIC! he comes home from practice/game changes, goes to they basement and sprays Shout Out (favorite part) and starts them in the machine. If I could just get my husband to follow suit!