Tuesday Links

Tuesday Links

April 16, 2008

At Parenting I wrote about an experience I had while traveling with my ginormous suitcase, which in actuality isn’t larger than normal, and how a huge group of teenage boys ran by while I was struggling on the stairs with the suitcase and all of them, except one ran by without offering assistance.

But I suppose it is my own damn fault for packing a suitcase at all and having to use stairs? Who knows, the internet is crazy with the things that get its panties in a wad.

I’m just glad that I didn’t mention that this was also the place where Susan and I saw the pantless hooker, on the train platform. Because somehow that might have been my fault also. But it was at that point, after already navigating the stair cases twice, that we decided to drive into the city. Because after that experience, nothing is scary. Then we renavigated the two sets of staircases. All while hoping the pantless hooker and the men didn’t come after us.

Neither one of us are city girls and it was never more obvious than at that exact moment.

Over at Work It, Mom!

Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken

This sort of looks like one of those photos on the menu at a bad Chinese restaurant, but I assure you that the recipe is delicious.

Also, over at Work It, Mom! there are contests and giveaways every day this week in celebration of the one year birthday of the site. Entering to win is as easy as leaving a comment.

Comments

1. Suzanne says:

I like the silverware ;)

2. Saint Lisa says:

I’m sorry…did you say there was an essay contest?

3. Grant's Mommy says:

My middle child looked at the picture and said mmmmmm can you make that tonight I will eat it up, still trying to get my jaw offf the floor as she is the worlds pickiest eater off to go shopping for the ingredients.

4. cristen says:

have readers been giving you a hard time? sorry. they shouldn’t. i’m sure your boys would have offered assistance, don’t you think? they seem thoughtful like that. if only everyone raised their kids to be responsible, thoughtful teenagers…or maybe they tried to. who knows.

“Pantless hooker” is fun to say, but not so fun to see.

The end.

6. Lisa says:

YUM! I made this tonight(we had a late dinner here in WA) and everybody just loved it……It was so easy too! Thanks Chris :)

7. Jennielynn says:

I love those plates. Pantless hooker, huh? She’s streamlining, I guess.

8. evie says:

I made this for dinner tonight. Thursday nights are the only night I’m in charge of dinner. I am desperately trying to get some healthy food into my 10 yr. old. She liked it. So did my gourmet cook husband. Thanks for the recipe. It’s a keeper.

9. Caroline says:

I made this last night and my husband told me over and over how good it was, called it a “homerun” and I even got a thumbs up. Then he asked me if I bought the sauce. HA! Thats a real testament to my cooking. Thanks!

10. Nicole says:

I tried your link, but it’s dead…can you post the recipe??