Love Thursday

Love Thursday

April 17, 2008

Love Thursday

The weather has finally turned warm. We have been spending every spare moment outside this week, soaking in the sunshine, replenishing our Vitamin D stores in our bodies that have long ago been depleted.

It was also time to break out the sidewalk chalk.

And also rake out all of the flower beds, but that part wasn’t so much fun. My arms feel like jello now.

Over at Work It, Mom! Pulled Pork Sandwiches that you make in the crockpot. You know how much I love my crockpot. Especially now that we are out away from the house most evenings when I would normally be preparing dinner.

Comments

1. Mocha says:

This summer I should really plan a trip out to see you and your kiddos in action. If I may request, I’d like to play with sidewalk chalk and eat lots of jello. That’s it.

I’ll cheer your kids on in baseball, too. I’m guessing that’s a requirement of me, right?

2. Angella says:

Love Thursday is awesome.

I *love* that heart.

3. suburbancorrespondent says:

Doesn’t that sun feel good? I feel as though I could soak it into my bones forever.

4. Heather's Garden says:

Don’t I know it! Today was the first time in months that I don’t glow in the dark because I’m so fricking white. It hit 80 at my office today (still below 70 at my house though) and my boss actually took me to lunch at a restaurant where we could sit on the patio. I’m so excited to be outside gardening again!

Oh, and I could nibble on those sweet little toes all day!

5. Carol says:

Butterflys and lovehearts…. definitely a Love Thursday. I so love the creativity of children :)

6. t in h says:

Just keep rubbing it in about that crockpot. I can’t get my hands on one over here in this country for love or money. Any Americans over here in Germany (military, perhaps) who know how to get their hands on a crockpot? I’ve been here nine years and still haven’t found one.

Did she draw that heart? Wow.

7. Brigitte says:

Ah, yes, I’ve been raking all the wet, compressed leaves I never got around to last fall . . but sneaking in occasional book/critter-watching breaks on the front steps. And pulling up tons of brushy stuff and prickers. I had to take lots of ibuprofin last night!

8. halimah says:

The weather has been so wonderful…even The Minion said how glad he was winter was over. We broke out the scooter, skateboard and bike. I tossed the sleds into the barn without a backward glance!

9. Bubble says:

I heart your photography skills.

10. Keri says:

Chris - I have to ask..Does your daughter put in her own barrettes? reason I ask..I have a 4 year old too (I think your daughter is 4) and she always “can do it herself” when it comes to her hair - And her barrettes end up in the back of her head holding the hair back there - vs the front & really keeping it out of her eyes. Its so adorable. My girls got sidewalk chalk (And sidewalk paint) in their easter baskets so we’ve been using it too!

Chris says: Sometimes she puts the hairclips in herself. Depends on her mooooood. ;-)

11. Beth says:

Those sandwiches are really, really good with coleslaw on them. And I’m not normally a coleslaw lover.

All hail the crock pot.

12. Joy H says:

Huge crockpot fan/baseball Mom here also. I’ll take all the recipes I can get. Pulled pork is ONE thing all of my crew will eat.

Happy Spring!

13. kris says:

Oh to be a little one again! I’d love to do this, although I’m sure it would look a little awkward at this point.

14. Keri says:

Thats what I thought when I noticed her blue flower barrette in that picture! So cute. Reminded me so much of my 4 year old! (I think we might even have the same ones!)

15. Kimberly says:

Beautiful shot. I’m a big fan of the sidewalk chalk. It entertains me as much (if not more than) my kids.