April 3, 2008
I wasn’t joking about the spreadsheets. I love my kids and the way they embrace all things geeky.
The kids were so funny. They didn’t want to watch American Idol last night because I was not home. I am in New Jersey at the event that Shall-Not-Be Named. I convinced them to watch it anyway and that I would watch it with them when I got home.
Posted by Chris @ 5:40 pm
Things I Have Learned
April 1, 2008
I am totally stealing Mir’s post idea from today and sharing my own list of things I have learned today with you.
1) Clothing does not hold up well to the suitcase scrutiny. When packing suddenly all my clothes look stupid. Including things that were previously my favorite stand-by items. All my jeans are faded and baggy in the wrong places. My sweaters are all pilled. And my shoes are all scuffed. No, I don’t exaggerate.
2) I will discover that I wear black almost exclusively. Except for those wild and crazy times when I pull out the gray.
3) Packing more pair of shoes than days I will be away is perfectly acceptable. In fact it is preferable. My motto is: If it fits in the suitcase, it can come. Except for Miles. He got in the suitcase and closed it and said to me, “Now you have to bring me!” Awwwww.
Yeah, I don’t think so. Now get the hell out of my suitcase.
4) Even though I attempted to get ahead on all my work obligations I find myself behind, or more accurately right where I should be if I were not going away for 5 days. This proves that one can not add extra hours to the day just by wishful thinking.
5) The bangs I cut myself last week and then had fixed at the hairdresser earlier in the week appear to have shrunk in the wash. I am channeling my 1982 self. Maybe I should take a curling iron to my hair and just fully embrace it.
Susan said I should I embrace the hip factor of my too short bangs. Unfortunately, when paired with Mom clothes, it is anything but hip. Instead it screams, “I CUT MY OWN HAIR WITH NAIL SCISSORS!”
Which I did.
6) I should not have left my manicure for today. It isn’t going to happen. I would attempt to do them myself except sadly I think I am more adept in the hair cutting department.
7) Jen and I have a date here this weekend. I am contemplating bringing a cupcake suitcase with me. This one isn’t so much me learning something as just sharing it with you.
And now I must run and finish making dinner and photographing it for Thursday’s Work It, Mom! post. (I have one up today, a new recipe for Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread that has no refined sugar, dairy, or eggs.)
Posted by Chris @ 5:07 pm