Signs of Summer

buzz2

Buzz cuts.

buzz3

Rosy cheeks.

buzz4

Dreamy eyes.

Comments

1. JoAnn Ernste says:

Could they be any cuter???

2. LeeAnn says:

All that beautiful hair! What cuties.

3. Stephanie says:

It is just me, or is it just a touch sad to see that hair gone?

They are possibly the cutest boys anywhere.

Chris says: aww thanks. I always am a bit sad to see the hair go, but they love having short.

4. EG says:

The first two kill me ’cause he looks sad to see his hair go. Then angry with the realization.

5. Lori says:

The Little Baseball Guy looks so tough!

6. Steph. says:

OH, this is just precious. I wish I could get my 8 yr old to cut his hair. It’s about like your older son’s. Everyone in his scout troup now proudly sports a buzz for the summer, except for him. And, he’s not interested in more than a slight trim every few months. This isn’t brooding well for me in the teen years at all…

7. Headless Mom says:

Oh! So sweet.

8. allysha says:

So adorable. I love those faces.

9. Giraffe Parade says:

I hate when you post pictures of Miles like this … it makes me:
    a) want to eat him because he’s too cute.
    b) find a man and make him make me a cute baby like that.

10. Kristina says:

I’m the opposite Kris. I’m never sad to see my boy’s hair go. I love buzz cuts on boys (and on my husband). Before either of their hair is even long enough to lay flat I’m asking my hubby to cut it!

11. Heather's Garden says:

OMG your youngest boy is suddenly a little man. My good friend just cut her almost one-year-old boy’s hair for the first time and her baby is now a little boy. Everytime my almost 18 year-old step-son gets his hair buzzed he looks younger. I can’t remember when that switch over took place though.

12. Mishel says:

I’m so excited to know that my son is not the only one who got a buzz cut for the summer! He’s 16mos. old and let’s just say several people (my mom and dad among others) weren’t happy that his beautiful hair was cut off BUT it’s his summber do and he still sweats up a storm with his buzz cut so I can only imagine how bad it’d have been w/o the haircut. Your children look so cute but boy does he look mad in the 2nd pic! Like he’s daring you to say something.

13. Kristie says:

Just about the time I think your youngest is getting so big, I notice how ginormous the man’s hands are holding his head for the hair cut! :)

14. Michelle says:

They just melt my heart. Absolutely beautiful little men.

15. Nextcommercial says:

Either the guy with the clippers has HUGE hands, or your son has a little head.

I too, am a little sad to see the hair go. It looks so fluffable.

16. lindsay says:

Oh my. That buzz cut aged the red shirted boy about six months at least. Still cute. Phew.

17. Kristin says:

They are all adorable?

I love Miles shirt, do you remember were you bought it from?

18. Shannon says:

Aw, I’m sad to see it go too. I like the longer hair. Not shaggy mind you, just longer.

But I can understand. Summer makes me want to chop my hair off.

19. Meg from Georgia says:

My husband keeps a buzz cut (no guard) because his hair is leaving quickly! One day I was trying to talk my 5 yr old into getting a buzz cut for summer one year and he didn’t want to. I told him…”Why don’t you want to cut your hair short? It will grow back.” and he so wisely said…”Daddy’s doesn’t!”
    So needless to say, no buzz cuts in his future!!!

20. Dot says:

The best part about the picture is how big Rob’s hand is compared to Miles’ head.

Do we get to see the finished product?

I do the same thing here, but there is NO WAY I’m doing Myles’ hair. Check out my blog for the latest picture of his curls.

Dot

21. gorillabuns says:

Man, the hand is just huge on their heads!

22. The Simple Family says:

My buddy just had this done. Well, we didn’t buzz it– I didn’t have the heart– but it went short compared to his long, uncut mop.

All the little 2-year-old girls at the preschool “oohed” over “Sam’s haircut!”

23. shannon says:

oh we need after photos! my boys always ask for buzz cuts in summer too- helps with finding the ticks :-)

24. Gretchen says:

Ah yes, clipper season. Our first sign was a tick on their clothes; as soon as I saw that, I buzzed them all! Luckily it was a wood tick and not a deer tick, so big enough to notice.

Do your boys care what length you cut at? I have a set with all the different lengths from 1″ down to 1/8″. I drew the line at 1/2″, but I still had to use 4 different guides for 7 heads! (I cut dh’s too - and haven’t done the baby’s yet)

25. elizabeth says:

I don’t know a linebacker from my rear end - but the second look by Miles - would scare one, I think. LOL
    They’re all adorable! I wish my sons loved having their hair buzzed. We do it - but they don’t like it any more.

26. Wicked Stepmom says:

Crap, you make beautiful kids.

I just chopped off all of Hansel’s long locks too - a bit early for summer. We had a bit of a … umm… scissor malfunction. Don’t ask.

At least *he* likes it.

27. lizinsumner says:

Summer ritual, maybe?? I’ve got one son - and, I’ve NEVER had the guts to have his hair buzz-cut, even when he wanted one (which, at 14, he no longer does). So, I admire your courage - but then again, I think you have something over on your side of the continental divide that we have much less of over on this side - humidity. But, you see, he was born with a limited amount of hair. During his first real bath, at around two weeks of age, I washed it - and, it ALL fell out. Didn’t bother him, but totally traumatized me! It took a better part of his first year to all grow back - so, I’m reluctant to shave it all off now, even though he has an abundance of hair. I mean, it’s just hair, right?? It grows back. In the meantime, they all look so much like BOYS! It must be a macho thing!

28. Anna says:

I just brought my four year old in for his first buzz cut…I didn’t have the guts to do it myself! Love the pictures!

29. Aisha says:

I remember when I got my head shaved two years ago. Two of my friends were there and they treated it like a spectator sport(they didn’t seem to get the fact that I’d been suffering an infestation of lice and did NOT want hair anymore). If there’d be any pictures, I would’ve been making the same face as Miles is in the second photo.

30. Cary says:

NOOOooooooo!!! I am usually left with the happies after seeing your photos. Not tonight.

31. jen says:

Oh, I can’t hardly believe that Miles’ sweet hair is gone…or that he looks SO much older w/o it! Yet we do buzz cuts here too, and oh, the splendor of easy summer hair!

32. Shannon says:

Too cute for words!!!! I did the same thing two weeks ago, they look like big boys now.

33. Alexis says:

My little boy will be three next month, last year I buzzed his hair for the summer, and he was so mad at me! He even reminds me of how he didn’t like it everytime we go get it cut. They get opinions so early!!

34. Anna says:

Thank heavens you’re back up and running! Seriously, though…I might need a few days at a Notes From the Trenches detox center because because I get seriously crushed when I see that Bandwidth error message come up…me thinks I need to get me some help!

35. Maddy says:

No wrap = lots of itchy hair down ya back! My boys only refused the “girly” wrap once. Is Miles cross with Mum for taking the photo or Dad for cutting his hair? Which ever way, he still looks cute cute cute.

36. Carrie says:

I gave one of my boys a buzz cut just last week!

Bring it on, summer!

37. Kritter Krit says:

It’s amazing how much older (and tougher!) boys always look with a buzz cut. I guess that’s so they can open up a can of whip a#@, as needed, during the summer activities. ;)

38. CaliforniaGrammy says:

“Buzz Cut’s” expression is priceless!

39. hotcoffeenow says:

Oh my! To each his (or her) own, but I can’t stand the buzz-cut look. Cute pics though.

40. Jen says:

I’ve always wondered how you handle all of those haircuts. Thought maybe you owned a “Great Clips” franchise. I only have two boys and a haircut every month is breaking the bank. I might have to try the buzz cut this summer.

41. George says:

Getting a short hair cut makes your kids look a few years older. Good pictures they can look back at and laugh at when they become older.

42. javamama says:

My 12 year old’s hair is below his shoulder blades. He’s been growing it since the end of 3rd grade (with a few good trims here and there) and he insists it’s a “life-long project”. Oy.

I choose my battles. I actually was a trifle irritated by it at first, but when his 4th grade teacher made a federal case out of it all year (and he a straight A, rule abiding, very polite young man!) I became a champion for his self-expression. He looks quite handsome and his hair is beautiful and clean, but I still wonder what he’d look like with short or even buzzed hair. Sigh.

Chris, you hear this all the time, but how on earth did every single one of your children come out simply stunning? (Okay, I’ve seen you and your hubs and you’re both adorable as hell, too, so there’s my answer, right?) And here I thought I was lucky to get three for three! Please choose my next lotto numbers, will ya? ;-)

My mom was from the South and she thought a shaved head probably meant either lice or poverty. She’s no longer alive, but out of deference to her, I’ve never shaved our sons’ hair. Not that they would permit it - they’re teen skateboarders, so long hair is the rule, not the exception in their crowd.

Looks like it would be a lot less trouble though! Your kids are darling.

44. Nicole says:

I’m about to buzz Eli too, though it makes me sad because his hair is finally (for the first time in his three years) filling in nicely. But sweaty hair by 9AM each morning is getting a bit old, so this weekend we’ll buzz it off.