A Joint Post with Susan
July 18, 2008
Things a $400 a night hotel room should have, but does not:
1) A fan in the bathroom
2) A proper bathroom door
3) Internet service that does not require you to talk to a tech in India. Twice.
4) FREE internet service. If the $89 a night room at JFK airport can give me free wireless internet with no hassle, then why can’t you.
5) A man to stand by next to the mini-bar and open the wine for me. And then give me a massage.
Things a $400 a night hotel does have:
1) Ability to call room service and request a butter knife be sent up
2) Ability to have toast at any hour of the day or night, for $10. Probably a slice.
3) A mini fridge, though moving the $10 Snicker bars so that your bottles of wine and container of hummus fit inside will result in a $25 charge.
4) A bar that serves wine by the glass. For $15. No not per bottle as one might assume. Per glass.