Ready For Frat Days

Ready For Frat Days

July 30, 2008

DSC_0010_edited-1

We were out tonight at practice until 8:30. Sports make for really late nights. Most of the kids didn’t even eat dinner until about 9:00. It is 10:45 as I sit here typing this and I have only just finished cleaning up after dinner and shooing people off to bed.

When we arrived home, Miles was feeling sick, he seems to have caught the plague now, and went into the bathroom insisting he was going to “frow up.”

Time passed and I noticed he had not comeout of the bathroom. I called for him. No answer.

I went in to discover he had fallen asleep with his head resting on the toilet seat.

It made me laugh, but also broke my heart a tiny bit. Not enough to stop me from calling everyone into the bathroom or to stop me from grabbing my camera, however.

Comments

1. Melissa says:

Oh Lordy. You know for the rest of his life everyone in your family will be like, “Hey Miles, remember the time you fell asleep on the toilet? HAHAHAHAHAHA.”

That child is too much.

2. DramaMama says:

Ohhh, poor baby…but yeah, I can just hear you telling his future roomies that story! LOL - too funny! Thanks for sharing!

3. Rhi says:

Oh dear. So freaking cute.

4. eko says:

He fell asleep like THAT! Wow, even at my drunkest - and sadly I had many times - did I ever fall asleep in that position. Poor darling, but too funny!

5. slynnro says:

Impressive. The worst I’ve ever done is fall asleep whilst chewing an animal cracker in an attempt to sober up. Alas, my efforts came to late.

6. GrimRealityGirl says:

May he recover quickly from the plague, and may the scars of this photo and the upcoming incessant mocking make him strong and brave. You have skills Miles, none of the rest of us could maintain that position AND sleep! You rock!

7. Kristin says:

Wow - now that takes talent. Kids falling asleep while peeing, normal. Kids falling asleep while waiting to “frow up”…HILARIOUS. and sad, but so sweet! Thanks for sharing :) Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

8. Lisa says:

Oh my, my, my……..That is one to keep for when his first date comes over ;) Poor Baby……I hope he feels better soon! Thanks for sharing!

9. Karen says:

That is one of the best kid-sleeping moments I’ve ever seen. AWESOME.

10. Trudie says:

Poor little tyke. I must admit though - this IS a good picture to have for future blackmail of said son…

11. marg says:

that is the best –thanks for sharing. your quote that it made you laugh and also broke your heart a tiny bit is so right on. i only have three, but the third little guy is just one yr old and the other two are six and five. sometimes i feel like the little guy is just along for the ride — but it sure does seem to be an interesting and fun ride. he’s experienced much more than my older two in his first 14 months! thanks for making the ordinary, every day things funny and more enjoyable.

12. Claudious says:

He looks so comfortable! I’m glad you got it on film, some things words just cannot do justice.

13. Grace says:

Poor little man! Yeah…this will totally make a great story at family gatherings. Too totally funny.

That’s one for to pop out for every girl he brings home and frame for his wedding reception!!

15. suburbancorrespondent says:

Oh, whew! I thought you were so far gone you had actually snapped a picture while he was puking. My 3-year-old falls asleep standing up like that, too - but never while waiting to vomit. Miles wins.

16. Brittany says:

Awww. This will be one of those stories that he will say he hates for you to tell but secretly he loves it.

17. SoMo says:

I don’t know whether to laugh or call my therapist. I, too, have fallen asleep on the toilet when I was little. Well, I didn’t have my face in it, but it was an embarrassing picture nonetheless.

Screw it, HA!HA!

18. Deborah says:

Oh, bless him! Our toddler has a similar (the same??) funk right now–threw up all over me and herself and the kid next to us and three chairs in the doctor’s waiting room, then all over the exam room, then all over my husband’s side of the bed this morning. If only she knew enough to warn us when she’s planning to “frow up.”

19. Kerrie says:

Oh, the poor little Possum…

It did make me smile though…!!! I have a gorgeous pic of my daughter after her 4th birthday party, (fairy theme of course, what else do you have when you are a girl and you are 4..??), sound asleep on the toilet, all pink tulle and slipped fairy wings, her knickers fallen on the floor…it’s so precious.

Hope Miles recovers quickly and the rest of the family stay germ free.

20. Karin says:

Bless his heart, that is the cutes thing I have seen in a long time!!!!

21. Brigitte says:

Oh my god, that is too hilarious (poor kid)! Yeah, that pic is definitely a keeper.

A couple posts back, someone asked about your “year off” blog. I’ve been wondering too - maybe you had no new exciting posts for it, but there was good stuff in the archives (like the Disney on a budget one, or the paper everywhere one, just to name a couple). I never printed those things because I thought they would always be there! :-(

22. Overflowing Brain says:

That picture needs a frame and needs to be brought out for every single girlfriend that ever comes over.

Hope he feels better soon!

23. Asianmommy says:

Haha! Poor little guy!

24. chanelireli says:

How the heck did he fall asleep like that?!? He looks so uncomfortable! Poor kid, did he get endless teasing when he woke up this morning?

Chris says: No, no one teased him. Not that he would have cared anyway since he is ONLY three. I showed him the photo and he laughed at himself.

25. jennielynn says:

That there is some excellent blackmail material!

26. Sue says:

Therapist: And why do you feel you always came second to your mother’s blog?
    Miles: She took pictures when I was throwing up.
    Chris: But i got like 40 comments that day.

Chris says: Sleeping. Not throwing up. He never did throw up.

27. ali says:

i so would have been right there taking pictures too!!!!

28. Beth B. says:

ohh bless his sweet little heart. that is soo funny. :-) he probably had a total crease on his forehead from crashing in that position; looks like you have a padded toddler potty seat on there (?) so it probably was pretty comfy. :-)

Beth B. (mommy to an almost 5-yr old)

29. Clementine says:

He’s super cute. I hope he’s feeling better today!

30. Debbie says:

I sure hope you remember all of us when your children are teenagers and look back on their pictures shared with the world as they were growing up. I would sure like to read their comments! Miles doesn’t have to worry about his family showing this picture to his dates, their Mothers will say oh I seen that years ago! ha ha

31. Stephanie says:

Whoa Sue, not cool.

Chris, that was absolutely adorable. He is going to LOVE that picture when he’s older, (as you said he already does now.)

I imagine he will frame it and have it up in his dorm room.

I have a similar photo of myself, but I’m sleeping sitting up on the throne, it made it in the wedding slide show.

32. Ruth H says:

Awww… and who was the first to grab the little guy up to hug him after the photo op and laughing? Bless his heart!

33. Victoria says:

OH man. I hate the feeling of having to frow up.

34. Katie in MA says:

It’s all fun and games until someone (almost) frows up. Oops - even then.

:) Cute and hilarious!!!!!!!

35. Alexis says:

That reminds me of the “I’m not tired” moments we have with my three year old. Insisting he still needs to play, next thing you know he’s face down on the lego table!

36. Haley says:

To only be so small that you can level your body on the toilet like that. I think my head would have fallen in and then I would thrown up from the sights.

What a cute photo though! Definitely one to save for the wedding slide show.

37. Shamelessly Sassy says:

Bless his little heart.

38. Regina says:

Harsh comment, there, Sue. This was just supposed to be funny and cute. I don’t think trying to hit Chris where it hurts is really a way to be constructive, if you meant to be.

39. regan says:

That’s talent! I’ve seen people asleep on the floor next to the toilet, but never with a head on the toilet. Good job Miles!

40. Amanda says:

Awwwww, at least he’s not folded in half in the toilet like the picture of my nephew.

41. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Poor little dude. I’m glad the camera was handy, because he’d never believe you if you told him what happened.

42. kate says:

I can’t even type, Im laughing sooo hard…

43. Janie says:

I’m so impressed that a three year old would soldier off to the bathroom to “frow up” all by himself. That’s some cool cucumber you got there!

44. sherry says:

I feel so incredibly guilty for laughing. But alas, I can not help it.

45. Karen says:

Sad and yet funny. I have to admit, I would do the same thing if one of my kids did that. It would be too funny to resist.

I can’t stop laughing! That is the funniest picture I have ever seen. A little sad, yes, but so incredibly funny. Poor little Miles.

47. shonda little says:

Okay, when I see this photo of your son and the headline you selected for it, I think you might be my soul mate. Well, except that I’m already married and straight. But, you know what I mean.
    I dig your sense of humor, momma.

48. Honey Mommy says:

Kids can fall asleep anywhere, can’t they?!

49. kelly says:

so cute! love the bites on his little legs. how in the world can he sleep in such an uncomfortable looking position?!?

my parents took a picture of me asleep on the toilet when i was around his age back in the pre-blog (pre-computer) days. cute, but embarrassing. no therapy needed. it’s just what parents with a self-deprecating sense of humor do.

honestly, i think that family trait is part of what has helped me through a lot of the tough times in my life…not taking myself too seriously.

50. Karen Sugarpants says:

ROFL! Go Miles!

51. Dagne says:

That picture is too wonderful for words. And I must thank you for it. My five-year spent a couple of hours over the toilet in that very same position at the start of last week (first night of our holiday away!), and this picture of a gorgeous little boy in the same position has frozen the experience in my mind in a new way. He was “struck” by the bug in the middle of the night, so by the time we were on our third trip to the bathroom, he’d throw up into the toilet and then immediately drop to the floor and snore. The next day he had trouble keeping things down, but within 24 hours it was all just a memory (and it didn’t spread to anyone else in the family, mercifully). Hope poor little Miles is over it just as fast!

52. kat says:

that has to be the best photo ever.

53. Tater Mama says:

I love it! This is the cutest picture I’ve seen in a long, long time. What a wonderful sense of humor you and your family have! I really enjoy your site but have never commented until now. This was just too good! Thanks for sharing!

54. Tania says:

Jeez Sue as a blogger you think you’d think twice before leaving judgemental rude comments. Of course I’m sure your daughter won’t mind (or need therapy) because you shared with the www that she talks about her vagina all the time. Yep I guess that Chris writing one whole post a day on this blog does mean that her kids come 2nd - it must take her at least 23 hours every day to write one. Those poor kids.

Chris, great photo and post. When I was Miles age I fell asleep standing up leaning against a window at a cafe. Unfortunately my mother didn’t have a camera with her - nor did she have a blog - because I’d LOVE a photo of that now.

55. Alicia says:

Awwww, how sweet is that?!?!? And I love it when they still say “frow up” My daughter once ran over a caterpillar in her roller skates and she told us “I runned it over and it frew up”.

56. Dianna says:

Poor little guy! He has quite tha talent for balancing, though!