Read This BEFORE the Vomit Story

Read This BEFORE the Vomit Story

August 8, 2008

Because otherwise you will feel ill. And possibly have an aversion to pasta, sausage, tomatoes and broccoli for the rest of your life. And that would be very, very sad.

At Work It, Mom I posted a delicious recipe, Pasta with Sausage, Broccoli, and Tomatoes.

DSC_0126

How can you NOT want to eat that?

And because I haven’t linked over to there in awhile, over at BlogHer I wrote a post, Reasons I Love My House, No Really.

As I type this almost 3000 votes have come in. I am going to close the poll and tell you all what I think soon.

Comments

1. suburbancorrespondent says:

It still looked delicious, even placed directly after the vomit story. Really, I didn’t even notice the unfortunate juxtapositioning of the 2 items.

Then again, I am pretty inured to the grossness of vomit.

2. Lovebabz says:

Ahhh read the vomit story first…didn’t you say so?…LOL!

Hey vomit doesn’t ruin anything for me…I have 4 kids and one time all 4 were sick and vomitting…like f****ing dominos…one right after the other. Thank GOD for the dollar store for 4 color coordinated buckets.

The pasta, sausage, brocolli and tomato meal looks delicious!

Dude, this looks so good. I might have to go home and make it TONIGHT.

How are you, by the way? Just so you know, I’m still reading. Obviously. :)

4. blairzoo says:

The vomit story mixed with pics of food never even crossed my mind as gross. With 5 kids, some of who could be counted on as professional pukers, I never thought twice about it. When I had my first few kids and they barfed it felt like a crisis. Now puke is just part of life. Today, for instance I took my 2 youngest to Longwood Gardens and on the long drive home, one was intensely struck with car-sickness. I barely had time to pull over before he crawled from the car and laid down in the parking lot of a 7-11. Ginger chews and bonine warded off the puking, but if it hadn’t that would be common in our house. Felt sorry for his friend who came along and had to deal with the freaked out 5 yo at the same time, since there were rain clouds and she’s panicked about storms.

Oh, and I totally would have tossed the barf bag out the window. I would have loved to dare anyone who remarked on my littering, to check it out themself.

5. Claudious says:

That looks delicious!!!

I love the clever introduction of vegitables into the diet, my family will probably rebel but I seriously think they’re a healthy part of the diet.

6. Lani from The Wooden Porch says:

Looks yummy. My mommy tummy can handle any vomit story. I laughed all the way through the puking one.

7. Katie in MA says:

See, the problem with people like me is that I saw the title, and I was all, “What vomit story?” So then I scrolled down and read the vomit story. And I was all, “Oh.” And then I saw the pic with the sausage, and I was all, “Ewww.” And then I was sick a little. Not that the picture *looks* Ew! No! I’m sure it looks delicious, and, truly, it looks like something I’ll make. Just…give me a minute.

8. melissa6 says:

your house sounds absolutely gorgeous.I have 6 kids and a very small house and yard so I’m very jealous!!! but listen…how do you manage with all the housework…do you do it all yourself or do you have help????