Power Baking

Power Baking

December 23, 2008

cookie-making

Veil and wedding dress optional.

Though, really, why the hell not. When else are you going to wear your wedding dress again?

Personally, I think baking in one of those tacky bridesmaid dresses you were forced to wear would be perfect. Not that the bridesmaid dresses you picked out and had your bridesmaids wear were tacky… Ahem.

Comments

1. Kathy from NJ says:

I was unable to comment on Work It so I’m doing it here. My 13 year old nephew was home alone and decided to make a double recipe of snickerdoodles for his class party the following day. The recipe called for cream of tartar and he didn’t know what that was. So he decided tartar as in tartar sauce and cream of means creamy so the recipe definitely meant tartar sauce, of which there was none in the refrigerator. So he added a tsp of mayo and a tsp of pickle relish. The cookies were delicious and quite colorful.

2. clarkie300 says:

That pic is priceless, and I think has inspired me to put on my own wedding dress again and do some baking, I mean I don’t bake normally anyways, so why not do it in the dress I’ve only worn once? Priceless!

3. Shannon says:

Great pic!!!!

4. Tammie says:

She is just a cutie! Definately the type of kid who marches to their own drummer, and that is a wonderful thing.

Many wonderful wishes to you and your family. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

tb

5. El says:

I love this photo. I’ll admit, my first thought was ‘first communion’ even as I realized that I don’t know what faith you all are, and even though she’s too young. (I think??). LOL

6. SoMo says:

Love the wedding dress and the pirate shirt. I think we share a love of Target, but who doesn’t? :)

7. The 6-S Ranch says:

Chris~

You are so DAMN funny!!! I just love your blog…can’t get enough:) Have a very Merry Christmas!

~Cassie

8. The Bossy Yankee says:

I have got to give that baking in my wedding gown a try. Good for something for sure. When I was married I would just sit around in my big poofy gown cause I loved it. I mean watch tv and hang around the house in it. I think I got my money’s worth of it for sure.

9. Norma says:

I got my niece the exact same dress…on my way to see her open in right now! Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing you blog with us.

10. carrien (she laughs at the days) says:

Wish I thought of that before I packed all those ugly dresses off to goodwill.:) Thanks for the laugh.

PS. I let my bridesmaids pick their own dresses, just so long as they were some shade of blue. Everyone happy.

11. Daisy says:

I didn’t need to buy an apron for baking? I could have just worn my bridesmaid dresses from way back when? Oh, if I’d only known.

12. Amy says:

My girls have that same dress!! Four daughters over here, so that means LOTS of dress-up clothes. They wear them to breakfast, to bed, to shop, to do farm chores, and everywhere in between.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

13. Monique says:

I love this shot..love them all.

I remember her wearing her wedding dress on her bicycle too:)

14. Paula says:

That is the BEST picture.. I am meeting 3 of my “maids” for a reunion this New Year….. I wonder if we should all “dress” for the occasion… our husbands will LOVE it!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

P

15. Jen says:

Power baking rocks… though I’d love some instructions on how long and what temp those Snickerdoodles need ;)

16. Rae says:

She’s great.

My bridesmaids wore sari’s. Around here everyone cooks in their sari’s so I guess it would work okay. ;)

17. gwendomama says:

Fully expecting to see a post of you baking in your wedding dress coming up soon.

18. Ashley says: