10 of 365

10 of 365

January 10, 2009

Moon Rising

Day 10 of 365

As I am typing this the sun has fully set and snow is falling. Again.

From inside the warm house it looks beautiful. We have the fire in our wood stove. The smell of stew in the crockpot fills the air, making us all hungry. The kids are playing games together nicely, or at least no one is crying or yelling.

The snow does not need to be dealt with until morning and so I can almost convince myself to enjoy it in a way that only little kids, who are too young to know what a royal pain in the ass it is, can do.

And I can’t help but think that this moment, this one right now, is as close to perfect as it gets.

Comments

1. Nonna says:

We too had a perfect day today, we spent at least 20 minutes looking at our precious grand daughter playing and listening to our voices. My son is living in beautiful Italy and we miss them so!
    We are expecting guests this evening and I’m trying all new dishes, their my friends so if it isn’t good they understand. It’s a perfect cold and wintry evening to have a roaring fire going, along with good friends, wine and food! Now that too, Life is Perfect.
    Enjoy your blessing this evening!

2. Lindsay says:

It is so nice to occasionally have those moments! Good for you for taking the time to notice.

3. hollygee says:

I love the way the lights?/leaves? left on the tree on the left glow red against the dark green fir tree and the branches of the shrub below are equally aflame.

4. Kathy in West Texas says:

OH my goodness! That moon was beautiful this morning! It was sooo big, and RIGHT THERE!

5. The 6-S Ranch says:

Beautiful picture!!! Gotta love those Norman Rockwell moments:)

6. CaliforniaGrammy says:

Relish these kinds of moments. I don’t imagine they happen very often with young families like yours. The moon photo is beautiful. I read somewhere this morning that tonight the moon is supposed to be the brightest it will ever be or has been in a long time.

My husband put a wonderful-smelling stew in the crock-pot this morning. It’s not even 4 in the afternoon here in California so it’ll be a while before we enjoy it.

I happy for your peaceful evening. You so deserve such times!

7. Monique says:

I love THOSE moments.
    I had one too today.
    Just perfect.

8. Victoria says:

lovely

9. Ken says:

I have a stew in the crock pot too. But it’s still light out here in CA.

10. Sherry says:

I love those moments when it’s cozy inside, stormy outside, and the kids are actually getting along.

Nice shot of the moon!

11. Amanda from Maine says:

I just had to say….I live in Maine, so I know how you feel….

Our forecast for tomorrow….is 4-6 inches…..when my husband told me I thought he said 46 inches…..I just said “Yup, sounds about right”

It’s all I can do to get through the winter months…..

Hope the rest of your winter is as beautiful as this photo is!!!!

12. Carolynn from Western Australia says:

Oh Chris you have just painted the most serene homely family scene.

I would so love some of your snow right now, the last couple of weeks the daytime temps have been mid to high 30 Degree Centigrade, at night it probably only drops to about 22 Degrees Centigrade.

I guess all the Bears are hibernating this time of year. Chris, what type of Bear is it that comes to pay you a visit.

Do you have a site where you put your pics. The reason I am asking is, I’d like to ask your permission to have a look at them, particularly your landscape type pictures that may be suitable to paint in watercolours as I am always trying to find things I can paint. I’m not a fantatic painter but love painting.

Take Care and Keep Warm.
    Lots of Love Carolynn :-)

13. Jill says:

A priceless moment that comes all too infrequently! Treasure it.
    Oh, and the stew sounds divine!

that was a lovely picture and description.
    Please send some of your snow here. We haven’t had a real good snow in years.

15. insertcrazyhere says:

I hope you guys aren’t getting the storm we got the last 2 nights! So far we have 10in and it’s snowing yet again. The roads are impassible and we are all stuck in the house praying the electricity doesn’t go out because darn it we need the tv otherwise it’s just a wee bit too much family togetherness time!

16. tammy says:

We only received 4 inches i was so pleased go snow go

not to much to clean up

17. Bronnie says:

awww sounds like a winter wonderland of bliss to me! :)

18. Jocelyn says:

Hi… I just wanted to say I really like your blog! I’m not quite sure how I stumbled upon it, but I found it last night and read about 12 pages of past posts!

19. Katie in MA says:

That *picture* is as close to perfect as it gets! Just beautiful!

20. Baby Favorite says:

You’re absolutely right; it is.