December 19, 2010
I decided to take all the books out of the bookcases in the “library” and reorganize them by color. I think calling this room a library makes it seem more special than calling it the front room of the house that is empty except for bookcases and a few stray toys, a couple of mismatched discarded socks, and musical instruments.
I have discovered a few things:
1) I need to buy books based on color
2) From here on out I need to refrain from buying books with white spines
3) This process takes a long time, way longer than I thought, therefore…
4) The week before Christmas is not the best time to undertake this project
5) IKEA bookcases are not actually designed to hold heavy books