That’s My Boy

That’s My Boy

January 24, 2012

Making an 80 yard* touchdown run.

height=

We spent the weekend at a tournament in the middle of nowhere Texas. I’ll have a weekend recap of the craziness later. But look! That’s my baby!

(*according to him. 70 according to my eyes in the stands.)

******

I have a new post up over at Alphamom. Does the thought of your children turning into teenagers one day frighten you? Don’t worry. It turns out teenagers are a lot like toddlers, only bigger and potty trained. And you have successfully navigated that stage before, right? Don’t run away crying! It’s just nature’s way of making sure you aren’t too sad to see them move out.

Comments

1. Jersey Girl says:

Can my 10 yr old come live with you? He’d LOVE to be playing football right now. He’s obsessed!!!!!

2. eko says:

I LOVE that last picture! Whoo hoo football! I wish you would write on your boys (and gal) playing sports - especially rough and tumble sports - like tackle. My 11yo wants to, and man — he is so thin, and getting tall - but so small compared to the other kids (does not take after me - in build. ;P ) I can not tell you how quickly I clicked on the ad for the Olay - no more mustache (though it doesn’t say that upfront - lol) - man, aging is NOT for wimps!!

3. PamS says:

Heh - what’s ten yards between parents and kids? Nice job to ‘your baby’.

And I gotta say I LOVE that picture of them in front of the sign … ridiculously funny as HECK!!!!!!

4. Kathy from NJ says:

I think the yardage starts from where the ball is snapped. So he may have only run 70 yards but if the ball was snapped on the 20 yard line, it’s an 80 yard run. I think.

5. Jackie says:

Congratulations to him! (and you ;-)haha)I know when you are going through all the games it seems like they will never end. Or at least that is how I felt when my son played year around sports. I can’t imagine sitting through the number of games you do. But, oh the joy when they come off the field with the pride your son must have felt. So worth it!

Congratulations again!
    Jakie

6. Tara R. says:

That’s a great run! Congrats to your son. Great capture on the photo too.

(visiting via Blogger Comment Club)

7. Zippy Sandler says:

Chris - it’s just a seque to adult hood. Take a deep breathe…mine is getting married this year and I still remember changing his diaper.

8. Lori Lavender Luz says:

That’s so cool! I’ve always wondered, as a mighty flautist in marching band, what it would feel like to make a big play, or to be the parent of a kid who made a big play. So glad your road trip included a moment like this!

9. Hil says:

Haha! I needed that reminder about teenagers right about now.

10. Trina says:

Thanks for the tips…I have 2 young boys ages 4 and 6. I am freaking out about the teenage years, but it could be worse right? I could of had girls…then my husband would be freaking out.

11. Sarah BB @ East9thStreet says:

The thought of my 2-year turning 3 frightens me. She’s already bossy and needs to “do it myself.” Whoever taught her that phrase (me! ugh!!) needs to be tasered!

12. Tonia @TheGunnySack says:

Congrats to you son! The details in your kids eyes always vary from the details in your own mind, don’t they? Stopping by from BCC.

13. mara says:

I don’t even know the difference between 70 & 80 yard lines, so good on ya. When my boys play football, I inevitably cheer for the wrong plays (are they called plays? or is that hockey?)

14. Sara says:

This’s a good way to put it! :)

15. Claudia Hall Christian says:

*applause* for the buddying pro! :)